overhead kick / scissor kick

Here's one from 1972 that features 2 overhead kicks - Wyn Davies's is going wide and Boothy produces another one to divert it into the net.

Volleys generally and overhead kicks in particular were somethng of a party piece for Tueart, and I believe he scored another 3 or 4 overhead kicks for us in addition to the one at Wembley. Most of them are lost in the mists of time as the majority of games weren't televised then. The only one I've seen footage of is this one in the 4-1 win at Villa as we wade a storming start to the 1977/8 season:

As for the next one, my money would be on Gabriel Jesus.

Here's one from 1972 that features 2 overhead kicks - Wyn Davies's is going wide and Boothy produces another one to divert it into the net.

Volleys generally and overhead kicks in particular were somethng of a party piece for Tueart, and I believe he scored another 3 or 4 overhead kicks for us in addition to the one at Wembley. Most of them are lost in the mists of time as the majority of games weren't televised then. The only one I've seen footage of is this one in the 4-1 win at Villa as we wade a storming start to the 1977/8 season:

As for the next one, my money would be on Gabriel Jesus.

Thanks! I knew there was a double overhead kick and thought it was Tommy Booth! I checked youtube as I thought it was the Villa 76 game I posted on page 2.... when I watched it I just thought I was slowing in mind as Booth scored the first (a header) and Hartford the scissor kick for the 2nd. Thank you for showing my mind isn't getting slower!

Pretty sure Tueart scored another over head kick at home to Sheffield United just a week after the famous Wembley one
But no TV clip as very limited TV coverage for games then

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.