Pablo Maffeo - 2016/2017 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dele Alli is a one off and Spurs are not on our level, they are a strong team but don't see them winning the CL or PL anytime soon.

Maffeo had his chance, Pep assessed him and felt the best thing is to go out on loan if he was at the required level he would of started more games despite his age.

I want players to come through the academy as much as anyone but we need to be patient. Its extremely hard to get into our team and players shouldn't get game time just because they came from the academy. They need to merit their spot and game time. Kelechi is a great talent but the reality is Jesus and Aguero are both better therefore they play more. Pep has determined that Maffeo is not better than Sagna or Zaba therefore he hasn't played as much and was sent out on loan to further develop.

Delli Alli, Jeff Hendrick, Jamie Vardy, Michael Antonio, Aaron Creswell, Callum Chambers, John Stones all from the lower leagues into sides that have been performing near the top of the premier league. Sagna and Zaba kept their spots because they're the senior pros in the last year of their contracts.

But those 3 players play for managers who never rotate, unlike our players, who play for a manager who famously makes more changes to his starting lineups than anyone else in football.

Does Pep rotate Silva or KDB? Not really.

They are both world class and play virtually every game when fit especially PL and CL.

If we had Bonucci, Alaba, Ramos etc I'm sure they would also start virtually every game. Pep is rotating more in defense because it is much weaker than the rest of the team.

Does Pep rotate Silva or KDB? Not really.

They are both world class and play virtually every game when fit especially PL and CL.

If we had Bonucci, Alaba, Ramos etc I'm sure they would also start virtually every game. Pep is rotating more in defense because it is much weaker than the rest of the team.

No, Pep constantly makes changes in his teams. It's not because our defence is weak, that wasn't an issue at Barcelona or Bayern Munich, and yet he still rotated.

Delli Alli, Jeff Hendrick, Jamie Vardy, Michael Antonio, Aaron Creswell, Callum Chambers, John Stones all from the lower leagues into sides that have been performing near the top of the premier league. Sagna and Zaba kept their spots because they're the senior pros in the last year of their contracts.

Yes near the top of the PL, not actually fighting for the PL and trying to accomplish something in Europe. I don't think well see teams like Chelsea who will probably win the league this year and will want to fight for the CL next year buy players from the lower leagues. Nor will you see Juve, Bayern, Real, Barca, PSG do the same and neither should we.

Navas and Nolito are also senior pros but they're sitting on the bench because Sane and Sterling are better.

No, Pep constantly makes changes in his teams. It's not because our defence is weak, that wasn't an issue at Barcelona or Bayern Munich, and yet he still rotated.

My point is that if we go out a buy a top quality RB, he will play almost every game and there is no point bringing Maffeo back. If we get Bellerin for example I am 100% sure he would play every game in the PL and CL when fit. I can only see him rotated for example due to a formation change like back 3 but no way is he sitting on the bench so Maffeo can play.

DId Pep rotate Pique or Alaba or Boateng in defense? No he didn't when fit they all always played because they are world class. Same with Messi, Lewandoski, etc. When these types of players are fit they will play and will not be rotated unless they have games back to back or rotation is a 100% necessary.

Played 73 minutes as Girona thumped Getafe 5-1. Great result for them.

It's looking increasingly likely they'll be in La Liga next season, 11 points clear of third placed Cadiz, although they're playing and winning 1-0 at the moment.

Might be worth leaving him there for another season if he'd be playing regularly in La Liga. Sign a right-back, keep either Sagna or Zabba for another season and see how Maffeo copes with the step up.

Played 73 minutes as Girona thumped Getafe 5-1. Great result for them.

It's looking increasingly likely they'll be in La Liga next season, 11 points clear of third placed Cadiz, although they're playing and winning 1-0 at the moment.

Might be worth leaving him there for another season if he'd be playing regularly in La Liga. Sign a right-back, keep either Sagna or Zabba for another season and see how Maffeo copes with the step up.
I'd definitely be behind another year for Bacary. Been our best (and probably our only reliable) defender over the last 2 years)

I'd definitely be behind another year for Bacary. Been our best (and probably our only reliable) defender over the last 2 years)
Yeah my head would pick Sagna and my heart would pick Zabaleta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.