Pablo Maffeo - 2016/2017 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Clercqs, 26 Oct 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domalino

domalino

It completely works with Sam Lee's information that City cared about the "average cost" of the 4 full backs too. We lost Alves, just bring in the kid a season early.

We could always use Fernandinho, or revert to 3 at the back if Walker was injured for a long time and Maffeo couldn't take every game.

2. TonyM

TonyM

Hamsterlutely right!

3. Blueknows

Blueknows

Totally agree , I would like to see Maffeo make that step up to the 1st team along with Tosin

4. Hamsterdam95

Hamsterdam95

Tosin isn't ready, he needs to go on loan like Maffeo did and develop some more. If Tosin stays with us, I doubt he gets any serious games because Vinny, Stones, Ota and Kola are infront of him. At that age, Tosin needs to play every week like Maffeo has done.

5. citizenyank76

citizenyank76

I take it he'll be backing up Walker now?

6. Cobra

Cobra

I haven't seen him in any of the pre-season videos, although perhaps he's been given a bit of extra time off due to Girona's season going on a few weeks longer than ours.

7. cadds92

cadds92

Going Girona.

He needs to play 30 games this season, at City he won't.

8. domalino

domalino

No he doesn't. 15-20 games at City as a back up right back would be infinitely better for us and him than the 40 games he'll get at Girona.

9. cadds92

cadds92

He will be playing twice against Madrid, Barca and Atletico next season. We can't offer that experience.

10. domalino

domalino

No, you're right, we should send Walker there too as we can't offer him the experience of playing Madrid Barca and Atletico twice a season.

The whole point of the loan is to get him more ready to play for us, actually playing for us is obviously better.

Yeah an extra year preparation would have been decent, but circumstances change and he can come back early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.