Pablo Maffeo - 2016/2017 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has no official announcement of his loan yet for this season, so it could be possible. I really think Maffeo has the ability to show that our academy players have tremendous ability and are ready to be backups. Instead of gazumping 20-30m on a backup RB, this position should be going to Maffeo. Please no more Delph, Fernando type signings and let our youth make up those numbers.

It completely works with Sam Lee's information that City cared about the "average cost" of the 4 full backs too. We lost Alves, just bring in the kid a season early.

We could always use Fernandinho, or revert to 3 at the back if Walker was injured for a long time and Maffeo couldn't take every game.

There has no official announcement of his loan yet for this season, so it could be possible. I really think Maffeo has the ability to show that our academy players have tremendous ability and are ready to be backups. Instead of gazumping 20-30m on a backup RB, this position should be going to Maffeo. Please no more Delph, Fernando type signings and let our youth make up those numbers.
Hamsterlutely right!

Totally agree , I would like to see Maffeo make that step up to the 1st team along with Tosin

Tosin isn't ready, he needs to go on loan like Maffeo did and develop some more. If Tosin stays with us, I doubt he gets any serious games because Vinny, Stones, Ota and Kola are infront of him. At that age, Tosin needs to play every week like Maffeo has done.

I haven't seen him in any of the pre-season videos, although perhaps he's been given a bit of extra time off due to Girona's season going on a few weeks longer than ours.

Going Girona.

He needs to play 30 games this season, at City he won't.

No he doesn't. 15-20 games at City as a back up right back would be infinitely better for us and him than the 40 games he'll get at Girona.

No he doesn't. 15-20 games at City as a back up right back would be infinitely better for us and him than the 40 games he'll get at Girona.

He will be playing twice against Madrid, Barca and Atletico next season. We can't offer that experience.

He will be playing twice against Madrid, Barca and Atletico next season. We can't offer that experience.

No, you're right, we should send Walker there too as we can't offer him the experience of playing Madrid Barca and Atletico twice a season.

The whole point of the loan is to get him more ready to play for us, actually playing for us is obviously better.

Yeah an extra year preparation would have been decent, but circumstances change and he can come back early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.