Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by FantasyIreland, 15 Aug 2017.

1. domalino

domalino

He's not going back to Girona, did you just watch that game? He was MOTM against Real Madrid, he was tbe stand out performer in the Barca game for different reasons, he's far, far too good for Girona and will move somewhere big if we don't use him.

2. Tevez City

Tevez City

I think the first contract that needs to be renewed is Maffeo's.

3. Tevez City

Tevez City

When I said he is better than Walker and Danilo people laughed at me, but thats fine.

I am sure within a season or two he will be Spain #1 RB.

4. Sunnysideupp

Sunnysideupp

Why can’t we sell Danilo for a sweet profit?

5. Southern

Southern

To China? Who will seriously buy him for more than we paid

6. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

I'm still laughing......Maffeo is a fine prospect,he isnt on Walkers level though,not yet.

7. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

8. Tevez City

Tevez City

When Kelechi first came on I said he was better than Bony, people laugh but at the end he proved me right.

Anyway, lets agree to disagree. Its hard to give a definite answer regarding who is better when both players ( Maffeo & Walker ) are great.

9. waspish

waspish

Maybe but he needed this extra season to improve him even more

10. Nasri's Hair

Nasri's Hair

First I think trying to improve in the very high pressure atmosphere that is Manchester City right now is much more challenging then at a Girona like club where staying up is the goal.

Second even if we did not get Danilo I doubt he would develop as much being Walker's backup and playing cup games as much as he would playing every weak with Girona.

The problem we now face is how do we make room for him in the squad with us just bringing in two right backs both in their footballing prime age wise. Cannot see either being shifted. Sadly timing is everything in life and while I want to see Mafeo have a wonderful career in sky blue I am not very optimistic it will happen at this point. I do not blame the club for this though. I think they had the perfect plan for his development with bringing Alves in who is 34. Maffeo would take his place naturally when Alves retired I think was the plan, but with that falling through we were desperate for another full back and got who we could get who can play the pep way and of the quality needed.

Last edited: 29 Oct 2017