Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think personally that Zabba was ever a really high quality attacking player, just a really great fullback who could get forward & make the best of what he had, in an attacking sense, which made him very effective in the way we used to play. But he was not imo a great crosser from those positions & never anywhere near as quick as the players Pep has signed, or the ones used at Barca.

I think Maffeo is an excellent defender who could have been doing a job for us, filling in, during the past two seasons, but 'm not convinced he can get anywhere near doing what Kyle Walker or Mendy can do & delph is mch better on the ball & quicker.

i will be delighted if he can force his way in & if it was mancini, I would expect him to be perfect for the job, but with Pep's requirements ? I'm just not convinced he can be the future there.

Agree with some of this but I do think Maffeo has the attributes that Pep wants. He's much better going forward than I think you've give him credit for, and he's very quick with an abundance of energy. I'd be happy to see him come in and Danilo to be used as a utility player.

Agree with some of this but I do think Maffeo has the attributes that Pep wants. He's much better going forward than I think you've give him credit for, and he's very quick with an abundance of energy. I'd be happy to see him come in and Danilo to be used as a utility player.

I would be delighted, but at present, imo, Danilo is a far better option.

He creates a lot for Girona. Evidence once more against Real Sociedad the other day.

We're gonna have to be careful here,as he'll soon be having his head turned by decent clubs who can offer him regular first team football given the attention he's rightly receiving.

We're gonna have to be careful here,as he'll soon be having his head turned by decent clubs who can offer him regular first team football given the attention he's rightly receiving.
He’ll be vying for the RB slot with Walker next season for sure and it will do wonders for those sent on loan to know it is a way of breaking in to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.