Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thatsca silly analogy and It's not the same. But if you don't see that, that's fine.

Maffeo is legitimately better than the RB prospects on a few of those teams. Swapping Varane for Tosin on the other hand is just silly.

The simple issue here is whether being a starter at a top 30 European club is better than being a backup at City.... And the answer is yes. It is better.

The rest is just obfuscation on your part.

Well just as well he's got a contract and we can reject all these imaginary offers to start at the best clubs in the world that he won't get.

Again, we have 5 players who can play leftback - Mendy, Delph, Zichencko, Laporte, and Dihno. If we get Fred, you could probably add him to the list. That would be 6 players who can cover the position as well or better than Danilo can. His actual value at leftback is almost Zero.

As for midfield, I'd rather buy a midfielder, like Fred or FDJ or Wiegl (or whoever is your cup of tea) who can actually play the position at the level of Dihno or better. Thus Danilo again isn't valuable here.

I'll grant you he is valuable as a RB. But so is Maffeo. And Maffeo has the added . value of not counting as a foreign spot.

So long as Maffeo continues to show the talent and potential he has shown, there is no value or reason to keep Danilo (other than an inability to move him on). Emotionality should not play a role here.
I agree 100% I’d rather have maffeo than danilo, but I think people are quick to want danilo out. You need versatile players in the team who are prepared to be back ups. Anyway it’s the maffeo thread and he looks mint ;)

He’s starts against Barcelona tonight and they’ve gone strong despite talk of possibly resting Messi or Suarez.

According to some he was the best of a bad bunch, but i didnt watch it. Minor interesting note though as ive seen some say he lacks pace to be a Pep FB. I'd said to some that he's seemingly gotten faster, but wasnt sure if it was just my personal perception, and it's nice to see it backed up statistically.

He isn't playing fullback for Girona, is the thing which makes it most difficult to judge him & he prety much never does.

As an attacking wingback, the bloke on the left side is quite obviously better than him, but we don't really get to see Maffeo in a typical fullback positional situation that often, as he is often on his way back from midfield as the winger takes on one of the cbs, rather than facing up to him, as he would at right back.

He usually appears to do pretty well when it comes to challenges & decent at headers in general play (not so much in the box) but his forward play tends to be mostly functional rather than quality, although he has a decent cross on him when he uses it.

The only way we can find out if he is able to do a job for Pep, is if Pep trys him out pre season. We can't judge from his present role.

I would have to say though, that Danilo & Walker clearly have considerably more attacking ability than he shows at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.