I think this little Zaba deserve his own thread

SuperBlu said:
Pablo-Maffeo-A19U1491.ashx

Name: Pablo Maffeo
DOB: 12 July 1997
Position: Right Back
Nationality: Spanish

I think this little Zaba deserve his own thread

yes, Right back, not Centre Back, a great prospect and a wonderful engine. I have never seen a player so knackered (maybe pozo too) in the Porto final. he played fantastic that night and IMO will be pushing for a 1st team place in a couple of years.

So Sagna appears to have picked up a knock playing for France and with mini Zaba on the bench vs Watford Pellegrini clearly thinks highly of him. Saw him at Leicester for the 18s last year and seen endless videos of the youth teams and he is such a tenacious player IMO one of the most likely to make it at City due to his mixture of attitude, technical ability and physical presence (despite being just 5'7" he really puts himself about).

Should he be trusted to start against Palace if required? I don't think he'd be fazed by it.

So Sagna appears to have picked up a knock playing for France and with mini Zaba on the bench vs Watford Pellegrini clearly thinks highly of him. Saw him at Leicester for the 18s last year and seen endless videos of the youth teams and he is such a tenacious player IMO one of the most likely to make it at City due to his mixture of attitude, technical ability and physical presence (despite being just 5'7" he really puts himself about).

Should he be trusted to start against Palace if required? I don't think he'd be fazed by it.

I think he'd do OK, when I've seen him, he's been more than happy to mix it up physically - especially in that Adelaide United game on tour, where he was up against their best player, very pacy winger. He's not tall, but seems strong enough. Also seems like a natural defender, when I've seen him, which admittedly is only half a dozen games.

But, I very much doubt he will play. Doesn't seem like Pellegrini to blood him with a debut where he starts, away from home, up against Palace's best player.

Palace would really be throwing him at the deep end in my opinion, they are in fantastic form, attack the flanks with pace and he'd be playing against their current best player, before his injury I was expecting this match to be quite the test for Sagna to be honest, let alone Maffeo on his professional debut.

I think he's a great prospect and he could become a new zab for us, but I really don't think this is the match to debut him unless we really have no alternative.

Those young players can push so hard they can at the 1 ste team,but they never gonna make it at City.As soon as they are good ( or not good ) enough there going on loan or leaving by themself,and City will sell them for a reasenable price.Thats wat happens and always will be.they may be as good as they can City are just going to buy top players around the world.thats wat happens al the years with al the young players that Come to city.they come at u 16 ,u 17 ,u18, EDS,and then it stops here.then they have to make the right step for them in there carriere .look Denaeyer they toldhim there is no big defender coming in and a few weeks later they sign Otamendi.So Denayer's going on loan and probably never come back(only preseason)and he will be sold also like al the rest ,or he can do the same way as Boyata until he's 23 sitting on the bench and play 5 games a season .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.