Pablo Zabaleta - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zab was excellent last night. Great that he's decided to stay at the club.
Yeah, me too. Rumours were flying over the summer but those about his potential departure were the hardest for me to cope with. So I'm glad that it turned out to be false alarm in the end. It's nice to see him recover his form last night too.

Just my opinions of course, we dont want people getting all vexed by treating it as gospel, however, the prem pace may be a little too much for zab in that role now, especially starting. He's technically better than sagna, not even up for debate, but as I said, sagna possesses greater recovery, something that is needed in this system...

Contrary to that, zab will get plenty of minutes and I'm happy as Larry he'll go out the 'true' legend he is!!!

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that point. I think zab is not 100% fit yet, though you're right that against some teams Sagna may be the better choice. But don't worry, I'm not vexed at you:)

Today is the eighth anniversary of Zaba joining Manchester City.

How much has he improved as a defender compared to the rash young man, who first pulled on the sacred Blue shirt?

A true club legend.

Despite his popularity, he also has a defensive vulnerability, especially against an old fashioned winger (just look at the similarities between West Ham's goal the other week and Fellani's at the swamp two seasons ago). For the same reason, he concedes too many stupid free kicks.
For the moment he'll play lots of games over a busy season, but I can see his position being under threat in the near future.

Despite his popularity, he also has a defensive vulnerability, especially against an old fashioned winger (just look at the similarities between West Ham's goal the other week and Fellani's at the swamp two seasons ago). For the same reason, he concedes too many stupid free kicks.
For the moment he'll play lots of games over a busy season, but I can see his position being under threat in the near future.

Think everyone knows this is his last season. Let's just enjoy it and hope he adds a medal or two. Will do a good job this season and leave a legend.

Think everyone knows this is his last season. Let's just enjoy it and hope he adds a medal or two. Will do a good job this season and leave a legend.
No bullshit agent, no histrionics on or off the pitch, just a warrior that gives his all every time he puts the shirt on, can't, ask much more from any modern day player.

Just my opinions of course, we dont want people getting all vexed by treating it as gospel, however, the prem pace may be a little too much for zab in that role now, especially starting. He's technically better than sagna, not even up for debate, but as I said, sagna possesses greater recovery, something that is needed in this system...

Contrary to that, zab will get plenty of minutes and I'm happy as Larry he'll go out the 'true' legend he is!!!

Pretty much spot on Zim. Zab's turn and catch-up when being run at by a pacey winger is a lot slower now and i've seen several wingers go past him this season. Having said that, his other qualities (control, positioning, leadership, distribution and aggression) make up for that lack of sharpness.

On a side note i'd like to see ever supporter sporting a head bandage as a show of appreciation next time MadPab runs out at the Etihad..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.