Pablo Zabaleta - 2016/17 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by blightee, 16 Aug 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karen7

karen7

Zaba: "I know my contract expires (in the summer). I am 32, not getting any younger, so I need to make sure my decision is the correct one."

Zaba: "If I decide to stay, I will stay. If I will decide to move on, I will move on. Until then, I don’t want to talk too much about it."

2. Mr HJ

Mr HJ

Writer
    Spot on - Sagna has had a poor season in my opinion and if you watch him closely he tends to put his teammates in trouble by passing to them when they are in tight spots - the Monaco game summed up what a leader, and how passionate Zaba is. Despite that both will be gone in the summer. Zaba should be carried off on someones shoulders and Sagna thanked quietly for a decent, if not special stay with us.

3. City health warning

City health warning

Sagna's looked more assured in adapting to Pep's methods but age is against him.As you have pointed out Zaba's leadership qualities has been one of his plus points both for this season and during his time at the club and has made him one of our legends.

Last edited: 5 Mar 2017
  4. BillyShears

BillyShears

Club legend. Must not play competitive football for us again after this season unless it's his testimonial!

5. doobyedoobye

doobyedoobye

Not sure that just because a player hits 32 we should be automatically flinging them out of the departure lounge.

6. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Sagna has been very good for us and deserves more that "quiet thanks" IMO

7. BillyShears

BillyShears

His legs have gone. He's an absolute defensive liability in Pep's system. I appreciate that he could occasionally be rolled out for a flat track game but I'd prefer we used those games for younger developing players, not players like Zaba who are at the end of their careers.

8. doobyedoobye

doobyedoobye

We shouldn't underestimate the role these guys could potentially play with helping youth come through. I'm really only talking about Vinny and Zaba

9. BillyShears

BillyShears

Yeah that i'd 100% go along with. If we're talking about coaching roles with the odd game thrown in during injury crisis' i'm all in. It's just the idea that our regular r/b gets injured/suspended and all we have as fall back is Zaba. Would be a bad situation IMO.

10. doobyedoobye

doobyedoobye

Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.