packard bell

stonie

anyone have a clue why my pc all of a sudden turns of and went into i can only explain it as like a re-boot up mode,i couldent get out of it but turned it back on this morning and it seems ok

stonie said:
anyone have a clue why my pc all of a sudden turns of and went into i can only explain it as like a re-boot up mode,i couldent get out of it but turned it back on this morning and it seems ok
it could just be a bug in a bit of software that you was using at the time, it could also be something other, have you installed any programs lately or downloaded any files kaza, limewire or email, you could be infected with a trojan and rebooting your computer is one of the so called funny games people play when they have control of your PC.

could be a loose connection,that was my problem

Might be something to do with overheating, it explains probably 95% of why computers just shut themselves down.

will check all those sugested what is the best anti trojan software at present i'm on nortons!!

stonie said:
will check all those sugested what is the best anti trojan software at present i'm on nortons!!
AVG is very good and FREE, but usually if you are infected any virus program run on itself will usually not get rid of the virus or Trojan even if it said it did. If you do run the virus program run it in safe mode, and switch off system restore first, there are a few entries in the registry you need to check also, these are in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE both need to be checked at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
&
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

and click once on the folder 'Run' & when finished with that then click the folder 'Run Once' ...inside here in the right window you are looking for odd programs that start each time your computer starts, and you need to delete the string. The way you can check if a program is a virus would be to write down the name and type it in Google and usually you will find out if that program is a virus or part of something you have installed.

If you are not sure about the Registry you are best off taking your hard drive or machine to a shop for a scan, the viruses are easily found when the virus program is run from another machine...sorry if that is a bit too technical or confusing

Yeah I like it in here, well gonna watch the bolton v wham game but will be on around 10ish guys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.