Pacy Wingers better than Navas in EPL

neel

There is lots of talk of Navas not making use of his pace and skills in talkng on defenders,his finishing and his poor last ball.
Was thinking of pacy wingers in EPL who are better than him. I can think of only 4 below who look better.
Your thoughts

Di Maria (Due of his finishing and shooting)
Hazard
Sanchez (Tought his first goal yesterday was an example of taking on defenders and scoring)
Sterling
Navas

Di maria and Hazard are the best in the league as of now,Sterling not on the same level,he was good when Suarez was with liverpool and when there was loads of space for others to exploit,but not so good in a poor liverpool team,although would like to see him improve.Navas looked good yesterday but does not quite beat defenders or run at them with pace like hazard or di maria,but he is v good with the ball technically a bit like Silva.

I'd have to watch him again but I've never regarded Di Maria to be pacy in the way navas or hazard are. Probably as he looks so fucking effortless the way he plays. A superb player but that is reflected in his price.
For the money we have a bargain in navas. He played well again yesterday and I believe would have been even better had Zabaleta played. Not to take anything away from sagna, but he looked a bit lost at times during interplay between the two. Navas can look a bit like a headless chicken I suppose, at rare times, basically just because he's so rapid. I like him though and as I say for the price we have a cracking little player.

Yeah, but do any of the others track back like Navas?

I have to say I'm glad we have Sagna for cover but really not at Zabba's level. Hopefully we'll be able to teach him he doesn't have to just stick to the line and can work with his partner on that side.

Ed68 said:

I have to say I'm glad we have Sagna for cover but really not at Zabba's level. Hopefully we'll be able to teach him he doesn't have to just stick to the line and can work with his partner on that side.

That is a very fair point, and despite the infuriating offensive flaws Navas has, nobody can deny that defensively he is way better at tracking back than any of those mentioned.

Almost gets me thinking that he needs to gain 2 stone and consider becoming a full back/ wing back!

Can't be just me who thinks Navas is class, doesn't have a poor last ball ( usually in the danger zone ) doesn't need to go bombing past the full back every time he gets the ball as we play possession football.

allan harper said:
Can't be just me who thinks Navas is class, doesn't have a poor last ball ( usually in the danger zone ) doesn't need to go bombing past the full back every time he gets the ball as we play possession football.
Agree with this.

Pigeonho said:
I'd have to watch him again but I've never regarded Di Maria to be pacy in the way navas or hazard are. Probably as he looks so fucking effortless the way he plays. A superb player but that is reflected in his price.
For the money we have a bargain in navas. He played well again yesterday and I believe would have been even better had Zabaleta played. Not to take anything away from sagna, but he looked a bit lost at times during interplay between the two. Navas can look a bit like a headless chicken I suppose, at rare times, basically just because he's so rapid. I like him though and as I say for the price we have a cracking little player.

For the moment at least, Navas and Sagna really have no idea what the other is going to do, but then I think we have this problem to some degree with Zab too. Unlike Silva or Nasri, he has the pace to make his own chances - He doesn't need to play the through ball to an overlapping fullback like we see so often with Zab or Kolarov. This means we're always seeing him try to run to the byline whilst his fullback is damn near running with him on his heels.

Something that's definitely unappreciated with Navas though is both his defensive contribution, which many think is rubbish because he's a wiry little Spanish winger when it's actually brilliant, and his ability to make any opposition fullback think twice about running the length of the wing when they know they'll have to try and chase him back. He can also maintain his tempo for an entire game rather than in spurts, so whatever you get at the beginning you tend to get at the end.

for the price we paid for him he represents great value though. i think hes an important member of the squad .. we needed a winger with electric pace and got one for just 17 million

if any of our wingers need replacing it is james milner.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Ed68 said:

That is a very fair point, and despite the infuriating offensive flaws Navas has, nobody can deny that defensively he is way better at tracking back than any of those mentioned.

Almost gets me thinking that he needs to gain 2 stone and consider becoming a full back/ wing back!

Get yourself out of the 1970s FFS....

Cracking little player Navas, Spurs must dread playing against him....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.