Paddy Vieira - Coach of St Etienne?

Circumstances dictate, each club is different due to its identity - take Chelsea for example they HAVE to appoint a big name, whereas Barcelona have gone down a route (until the end of this season) of appointing an inhouse manage, Pep Tito & Luis - they all won something and had a successful spell as manager - it's no coincidence that Real Madrid have now chosen to go down the same path with Zidane & guess what, it's working.
Oh yes, Zidane.

So it turns out what really matters is choosing the right man, rather than just appointing Ancelotti because you can't think of anyone else and he has an impressive CV.

You will find that every manager when starting hardly had a pedigree other than either being a very good football player, a mediocre one, or none at all. Some get a chance at a big(ger) club sooner than others because of their relationship within the club.

Looks like Paddy could be of to Ligue 1 with Les Greens. Not so good for NYCFC but maybe some interesting loan opportunities for our youth players. St Etienne are a sleeping giant of french football and regular top 10 team but squad wise they are not that strong and I think they could take some of our better youth players.

This could be interesting.
Don't believe a word of it he spoke to my youngest son in New York only 3 months ago
And told him it's still early days for him in New York and it's gonna be a long stay
So whare do you get your info ( papers)?

Don't believe a word of it he spoke to my youngest son in New York only 3 months ago
And told him it's still early days for him in New York and it's gonna be a long stay
So whare do you get your info ( papers)?

Reliable source. His name is in the frame and it would make a lot of sense. He is very ambitious and that job would be a perfect step toward a top CL club or even Arsenal.

I don't think it's the right time for him. And I don't think he's there as a manager yet. He will run a big club one day that's for sure. And have an experience that beats having to walk the sidelines on that ugly pitch.

I don't think it's the right time for him. And I don't think he's there as a manager yet. He will run a big club one day that's for sure. And have an experience that beats having to walk the sidelines on that ugly pitch.
Of course it's the right time for him. But whether or not he should do it is another story. He could be successful there, but it feels like more of a lose-lose situation to be honest. It's not like doing well or even decent there would raise his profile any more -- you can't have a higher profile than him. At this point simply getting more experience coaching will help him just as much as doing well at a plucky team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.