Paedophilia within the game/City launch redress scheme

Paedophilia is just the most fucked up thing. I'd almost feel sorry for paedophiles if they didn't act on their sicknesses and ruin the lives of kids.
I remember watching a documentary about this bloke, who was attracted to children. He'd never acted on it and wanted to bring attention to the fact there is basically no support offered to people like him. I felt sorry for him - he knew it was a horrible thing and just wanted help. Apparently after the show was aired he had death threats and has had to move etc (despite not having any convictions or even allegations against him).

Any nonce who's acted on their urges are the biggest scum on the planet. I'd want the death sentence brought back if one of my loved ones were subjected to it.

I've heard that Rangers fans have been claiming "Big Jock Knew" about abuse of youth players at Celtic but took no action (or was persuaded to take no action). I've never seen any proof they are correct, but they've been saying it for many years. Much will be people just repeating a negative story about their rivals, but is there smoke without a fire?

Jim Torbett was convicted of sex abuse in the Glasgow court on 11 Nov 1998. Brazil, Gordon and McGrory testified against him.
Whether Big Jock knew or not is unknown.

Well Speed was one of the players who stayed at Bennells house, it's in the centre pages of the sun today, should just castrate the ****

I went for a trial with Crewe 1988 and Barry benell took us. Me and two other lads from our team at the time, boundary park juniors, had played his team railway juniors in a cup game and he wanted us to come on trial for Crewe. We went and it was a week in Wales at pefelli(spelt wrong I know) training and playing a couple of friendlies. What was weird looking back now was that he had somebody videoing the training and matches. I'm sure he said at the time it was to see how we played and our techniques. I think it was probably to have a wank in hindsight.
Andy woodward, Gareth Whalley and Michael Jackson was present amongst the squad of 17 or 18 lads on trial too. We had a competition in Hull so we all stayed at benells house on the Saturday and went to Hull on the Sunday. His house was a big converted barn , lots of rooms with bunk beds, pinball machines , fruit machines, games consoles, like Santa's grotto. One thing that struck me at the time that was weird was that he had his head resting on a lads lap and the lad was playing with benells hair which was at the time in the style of a keegan perm.
I believe Andy woodward said in his article that benell liked lads with dark hair. I had fair hair at the time, which back then made me safe from the fuckers clutches if his preferences was correct.
At the time of me going on trial a few rumours was going about of benell being a pervert but it was frowned upon I think as it was a case of how dare you say that about a respected coach, which at the time he was .
I hope he suffers a slow painful death for ruining the lives of so many young lads who's sole purpose was just wanting to play football.

I went for a trial with Crewe 1988 and Barry benell took us. Me and two other lads from our team at the time, boundary park juniors, had played his team railway juniors in a cup game and he wanted us to come on trial for Crewe. We went and it was a week in Wales at pefelli(spelt wrong I know) training and playing a couple of friendlies. What was weird looking back now was that he had somebody videoing the training and matches. I'm sure he said at the time it was to see how we played and our techniques. I think it was probably to have a wank in hindsight.
Andy woodward, Gareth Whalley and Michael Jackson was present amongst the squad of 17 or 18 lads on trial too. We had a competition in Hull so we all stayed at benells house on the Saturday and went to Hull on the Sunday. His house was a big converted barn , lots of rooms with bunk beds, pinball machines , fruit machines, games consoles, like Santa's grotto. One thing that struck me at the time that was weird was that he had his head resting on a lads lap and the lad was playing with benells hair which was at the time in the style of a keegan perm.
I believe Andy woodward said in his article that benell liked lads with dark hair. I had fair hair at the time, which back then made me safe from the fuckers clutches if his preferences was correct.
At the time of me going on trial a few rumours was going about of benell being a pervert but it was frowned upon I think as it was a case of how dare you say that about a respected coach, which at the time he was .
I hope he suffers a slow painful death for ruining the lives of so many young lads who's sole purpose was just wanting to play football.
Now that is a very interesting post and thanks for taking the time to describe it. What you describe there is classic grooming and a first hand account of how these people go about it.

I'll always remember when I hitchhiked to London in the 60's for a game on a Saturday. Left Manchester Friday night and got there early hours.
Me and my mate hanging around one of the train stations wondering what to do next when we was invited for breakfast and then on to the YMCA. My mate immediately told him to fcuk off but I went for it thinking free breakfast.
Anyway got as far as the showers and did a runner.

Now that is a very interesting post and thanks for taking the time to describe it. What you describe there is classic grooming and a first hand account of how these people go about it.
Thanks for that. It gives me the horrors thinking about what might have been. I hope others like Andy woodward speak out and bennell gets the book thrown at him again.

No horror stories from me but I played for Whitehill for one season when I was 10.
Bennell was coach after failing to make the grade as a Pro at Chelsea.
We trained on a Friday at Victoria baths and played our home games at Park Road.
For those who don't know , Whitehill was City's junior team and I can remember Tony Book regular watching us when
He was manager

He was the cousin of 2 guys who lived on my estate where I grew up and my brother knew the family.

Bennell also had a stall on the underground market in town and was always surrounded by lots is young boys
Who seemed to worship the ground on which he walked.

Never felt uncomfortable in his presence but I was a pre pubescent 10 year old.
I do remember he had a pet lion.
Really , he did.

His cousin Ronnie murdered a young girl in Burnage in the early 70's.
Served life ,was released and then murdered again.

Lovely family .

Not sure how much I'm allowed to say but the press, more specifically The Guardian, are about to break a story about DG. All very sad if true, he's been a well respected manager for decades.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.