Paedophilia within the game/City launch redress scheme

The lure of fame and fortune and these coaches telling the kids they will lose it all if they speak...or put it another way you meet a bloke in the pub who offers to give you ten million quid if you toss him off as long as you say nothing ..what would you do?

The lure of fame and fortune and these coaches telling the kids they will lose it all if they speak...or put it another way you meet a bloke in the pub who offers to give you ten million quid if you toss him off as long as you say nothing ..what would you do?
That's a terrible analogy. That's giving an adult a choice, completely different to this situation.

You're not insinuating anything but you are accusing him of lying.
Absolutely. He said on camera that there were suspicions about BB, the club had received letters of complaint about him which included a part that said he tried to touch a kid under his shorts and he received a phone call from the Crewe chairman who also had suspicions about BB. So how can you have all of those suspicions and complaints and then be utterly shocked that BB went to prison and people in England were prepared to testify against him?

Thanks for reminding me why I escaped blackley at 18 and never went back.
Your views are by no means the only ones that are ignorant medieval trash.

No still can't get my head round it, regardless of age I can't understand how or why you would never say anything. The last thing you would do is keep it to yourself.
Just because you cannot get your head around it doesn't mean it didn't happen as described. It just means you lack empathy. This scandal should not be relativized. Instead we should be asking ourselves why paedophilia happens again and again, BBC, Rotherham, Parliament, Churches and now football.

Without sounding disrespectful, I find it very hard to believe/understand how or why you would not report any sort of abuse to anyone at the time. Can't get my head round it at all, regardless of age or circumstances anyone would or fucking should say something.

Read this article from 2001

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2001/oct/27/athletics.comment

As my girls were involved in competitive swimming I became a club helper, then Vice Chairman and swimming official. As part of the volunteering I attended child protection courses and learned about a predator called Paul Hickson
He prayed on young girls and threatened that if they ever spoke out about him they would never realise their ambitions and he eventually became an Olympic GB coach
The only reason he was caught is that an off duty police officer overheard two girls discussing Hickson in a cafe

Just because you cannot get your head around it doesn't mean it didn't happen as described. It just means you lack empathy. This scandal should not be relativized. Instead we should be asking ourselves why paedophilia happens again and again, BBC, Rotherham, Parliament, Churches and now football.
It happens because:
A. There are and always have been and always will be people like that.
B. Our insitutions are unable to prevent it.
C. Our institutions cover it up whenever they find out.
In the future there is nothing we can do about A, we can reduce B but not 100%, C can be stopped altogether with severe legal repercussions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.