Paid lettings fee, now no contact

Blue Smarties

Moving apartment. Saw an apartment on RightMove, viewed it, paid the fee to get it off the market. Completed initial paperwork and checks started last week / being carried out by Let Alliance.

Since then, I've had 0 contact with the lettings agent. The chap who I was in close contact with hasn't got back to my last email. Had a quick Google and although their positive reviews outweigh their negatives, I'm starting to get cold feet off of one two reviews which would appear to describe my current situation.

The chances are they'll get back to me in the next couple of days, but something doesn't feel quite right, so I'm asking - what can I do, should they be trying to hoodwink me?

The lettings fee was only a couple of hundred, so I'm not arsed about that. But my current tenancy ends on the 21st, so I'll be very pissed off if they play silly buggers and I'm left chasing a roof by the 21st. Enough to want to know how I can fuck the cunts.

Cheers.

Moving apartment. Saw an apartment on RightMove, viewed it, paid the fee to get it off the market. Completed initial paperwork and checks started last week / being carried out by Let Alliance.

Since then, I've had 0 contact with the lettings agent. The chap who I was in close contact with hasn't got back to my last email. Had a quick Google and although their positive reviews outweigh their negatives, I'm starting to get cold feet.

The chances are they'll get back to me in the next couple of days, but something doesn't feel quite right, so I'm asking - what can I do, should they be trying to hoodwink me?

The lettings fee was only a couple of hundred, so I'm not arsed about that. But my current tenancy ends on the 21st, so I'll be very pissed off if they play silly buggers and I'm left chasing a roof by the 21st. Enough to want to know how I can fuck the cunts.

Cheers.
Brick. Windows. Car. Torch. Wife. Back doors. Smash in.

Since then, I've had 0 contact with the lettings agent. The chap who I was in close contact with hasn't got back to my last email. Had a quick Google and although their positive reviews outweigh their negatives, I'm starting to get cold feet off of one two reviews which would appear to describe my current situation.

Cheers.

This happened me last Sept, but the silence was due to them focusing on getting the existing tenant out before saying anything to us about when we could get in etc.

This happened me last Sept, but the silence was due to them focusing on getting the existing tenant out before saying anything to us about when we could get in etc.
Hoping this is the case with me. I emailed their general head office email when I made this thread. In fairness, the chap got in touch with me with an update, although is as of yet to respond to my response.

Cheers.

They wouldn't take the fee with no plans of renting you the property. Nip in to the agents and discuss it. I don't usually make contact until the referencing is complete so it might be just a case of the checks are going through and will then be contacted for the next steps. Let Alliance are a legit referencing company so the agent wouldn't pay for you to have them checks carried out with no intensions of proceeding. Maybe even give let alliance a shout and see where the referencing is up to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.