Painting and/or Decorating

Preparation is the key. Rub down, sand, fill holes, clean...and then cut in like a God.

Two coats. Job done.

Make sure all woodwork is prepared first and then take your time.

End result? Top job.

Just moved into a flat that has woodchip on some walls. I'm gonna have to anaglypta it .. oh and the upstairs neighbour has his living room above my bedroom and he likes his tv loud. I'm sure he was having a conversation wuth himself earlier, the mad ****.

I'm a pro decorator any more questions let me know. Vinyl Matt is good for everywhere except kitchen and bathroom. I would leave eggshell and get soft sheen for them. Wood work I prefer satinwood but gloss is ok

My flat badly needs renovating. Everything is in good nick but needs repainting or papering. I've seen my parents wallpaper (very effectively) and paint walls (not so impressive) but have no experience, and the rates for professionals makes them out of my reach.

I've got two mates - one of whom has DIY experience and a lot of enthusiasm but not a lot of time - the other seems to have a little bit of professional experience (at what level I couldn't say) but would need paying a basic rate.

Realistically, how much experience do you need to get a decent finish? If it was me + either one of the boys, how long would it take for a large-ish 1 bed flat?

The surveyor said I should use a vinyl matte then an eggshell - does that sound suitable? Is the quality of paint going to be important (I can probably stretch the budget a bit here)?

And is it generally easier to apply wallpaper well than paint?

Painting is a piece of piss with plenty of masking tape and cutting in done first.

I find painting very therapeutic, take your time and do it nicely and its not a bad job to do at all. I always get someone in for wallpapering as a bad job looks terrible. Take your time on the glossing and mask it all up properly and invest the money in decent paint and a good quality roller and the job will look better for it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.