Palace v City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris63

Like reading these threads, but not one started yet so here goes.

..............................Hart

Zab Kompany Mangala Clichy

Yaya F-dinho Silva

Navas Agüero Nasri

Not an easy game away to Palace. 1-2 to us. Bony coming on and scoring the winner.

Re: City v Palace pre match thread.

Just hope certain players aren't just seeing the season out. We have an enormous task ahead in keeping the rags and arsenal at arms length. A tough game this one, if Zabba can keep Bolasie quiet and we manage to dominate the midfield we should win this.

Simple must win or the derby could become very tasty seeing as United could go 4 points clear of us with a win in their other game before then! Arsenal are also even closer, we can't afford to slip up now.

Palace last season was awesome. A perfect day.

Can't see Pellegrini going with anything other than 4-4-2 in this one. They have a pinch of pace so can see Mangala and Clichy starting. Feel Jovetic deserves a start but can't see it happening, Pellegrini likes one target man and one runner.

Very big game from us, must win if we are serious about any last ditch title challenge, remote as it seems, and also to ensure there is no further perception of a backwards step. Failure to win here and losing at the swamp could change the boards thinking drastically heading into this summer. Just need to concentrate on our game.

Personally I'd like to see Jovetic start up front in place of Bony (they are tall at the back so no harm in getting around them rather than matching them), and depending on Yaya's mood possibly Lampard in his place, but only the manager can judge that after this weeks training sessions. If Yaya comes back ready to help lead to up a strong finish, we'll come out on top.

What I think Pelelgrini will go with:

-----------------Hart---------------

Sagna----Vinny-----Mangala-----Clichy

Navas---Yaya------Fenandinho----Silva

------Aguero--------Bony------------

Subs: Willy, Zaba, Kolarov, Fernando, Lampard, Dzeko, Jovetic (or Nasri)

What I would go with:

-----------------Hart---------------

Sagna----Vinny-----Mangala-----Clichy

-------Yaya----------Fernandinho----

--Navas---------Silva------------Jovetic--

---------------Aguero--------------

Subs: Willy, Zaba, Kolarov, Lampard, Fernando, Bony, MDM

realistically unless the chavs go into meltdown , we are playing for 2nd place now , essential we get something from this game .Sagna to start because zabs struggles nowadays against pacey wingers (Bolasie) . By the time we kick off on monday night , we could be in 4th place , perhaps reality will kick-in for our players , and they will put in a performance ,we are certainly overdue a committed 100% effort from ALL our players ,and a good result will set us up nicely for the derby.

This will be a difficult game, as Palace are in good form at the moment and Selhirst Park is never an easy place to go to.

Assuming everyone is fit, I'd go for the following XI:

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Fernandinho
Toure
Milner
Navas
Silva
Aguero

cannt see him going with anything other than his normal set up ...lets just hope its enough

if palace pack the midfield and we only have our normal pair in there then we will struggle and it will be a close game

i dont care how we win now...just as long as we win...we can't miss out on second place

Can't say I'm that excited about this match .
I fear we might lose this match .
All our recent away matches have been poor .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.