Paphos, Cyprus

My bad... I was talking about the stadium in Limassol but sure the Pahos one is just as crazy...

I went to a Cyprus v Scotland qualifier there (Limassol) once.. (not a jock but we got tickets as I was over there in the mob) it was mental... the stands were literally swaying with the fans jumping up and down...

The ref had to be driven off the pitch at the end in a police car...

The jocks were going mental down on the strip in Limassol and the local police locked themselves in their station so they didn't have to deal with them...

For games there the locals just park on the dual carriageway.. literally anywhere they can stop..
Paphos stadium is not big holds about 8,000 but they are nuts, non stop singing and letting off flares and very very aggressive, hadn't a clue who they were playing but they got beat 3-0, when the second goal went in they were invading the pitch trying to get to the opposition supporters, end of the game was like a war zone, made Millwall look like a tea party, the locals said this is nothing though compared to when they play Peyia in a local derby, apparently Peyia are just outside Paphos and they hate each other

Im going next month, will the bars mentioned show 3pm kick offs?
They show every English game going no matter what time kick off, some bars will have Cypriot, Greek league and English all on at once on multi screens plus basketball!
Zorro's is mainly English though, if you are staying on Tombs of the Kings Rd Green Corner is small and cosy but about 200 yards up is a huge Irish bar with different rooms for different matches, can't remember name though

They show every English game going no matter what time kick off, some bars will have Cypriot, Greek league and English all on at once on multi screens plus basketball!
Zorro's is mainly English though, if you are staying on Tombs of the Kings Rd Green Corner is small and cosy but about 200 yards up is a huge Irish bar with different rooms for different matches, can't remember name though

Cheers! Will dive in somewhere for the Stoke game although not booked a villa yet so not sure where abouts were staying.

I'm here right now, the weather is scorching. We've got a swim up room so we literally haven't moved yet!

Going to visit some of the archaeological sites in a couple of days and find somewhere to watch city.

What hotel you staying at?

We have booked Smartline, aka Mayfair Gardens. It is by the shopping mall.

I will be over there for the next England game so will check out the bars people have mentioned.

Hope the weather stays the same for in 3 weeks time.

Paphos is great, we went November last year it was warm and sunny every day, you feel like you're out of Europe

We have booked Smartline, aka Mayfair Gardens. It is by the shopping mall.

I will be over there for the next England game so will check out the bars people have mentioned.

Hope the weather stays the same for in 3 weeks time.
You are fairly well placed in the Mayfair Apts, near the old town up the hill, 5 mins to Tombs of the Kings Rd for all the bars, Lighthouse beach 10 mins, harbour and all it's shops restaurants and bars 15 mins, Kings shopping Mall 10 mins, we stayed in Queens Gardens right beside it, bit noisy but well worth a visit
I'm sure there is a bus runs from the harbour to near Mayfair Apts, that will take about 5 mins at 1euro50c

OP, you've booked an all inclusive and you are asking about places to eat
Didn't you do any research on your hotel?
Some people get fed up of the food and eating in all the time, in Paphos there are 3 English style eateries called 'Tea for Two' one in the old town, one on TOTK Rd, and one near the harbour, they are regually packed with English people from all inclusives wanting pie and chips, full English breakfasts and pots of tea, not what i go to Cyprus for but they are very popular, and a pint is 2 euro:)

They wouldn't take credit cards 5 years ago because the banks had just crashed and the island was in a monetary crisis, my Sister went just after the crash and she had to take loads of cash, it was a cash only society for about 9 months!
Yeah, you could really tell how hard it had hit businesses. There were loads of boarded up shops and abandoned construction sites. We were really shocked when we first arrived. It's probably perked up a lot by now.

Just come back from 3 years living in Cyprus. Troodos is a must. Cyprus citizens meet at chasers bar in limassol on match day. Small but loyal bunch flying the flag on match day. Great country and people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.