Paphos, Cyprus

Got married there in 2013, stayed at kefolos beach hotel, fantastic place, beautiful scenery, lovely walk down to the harbour, special mention to restaurant called "big mamas", can't go wrong there

Got married there in 2013, stayed at kefolos beach hotel, fantastic place, beautiful scenery, lovely walk down to the harbour, special mention to restaurant called "big mamas", can't go wrong there
Is Kefolos beach hotel the one right on the sea with lawns going right down to the beach, 2 storey apartments spread out along the coastal path and if you look left you can see the lighthouse?
If it is them i will be booking them next time, they look great

What's the crack with going over the border to the North in Cyprus? Heard it is worth visiting

What's the crack with going over the border to the North in Cyprus? Heard it is worth visiting

From the Foreign Office website

It is possible to travel to the north of Cyprus from the south (and back again), including via the Ledra Palace and Ledra Street checkpoints in central Nicosia where you can cross by foot. If you intend to take a hire car to the north, the main crossing in Nicosia is Agios Dometios.

Cyprus immigration authorities have confirmed that EU passport holders with a ‘TRNC’ stamp in their passport will not experience difficulties when re-entering the south. You can take a hired car through some of the checkpoints. Many cars hired in the south are not insured for use in the north. Check with your insurance company - you will not be allowed through a crossing without the correct insurance documents. At some of the crossing points it is possible to buy car insurance for the north. There are controls on the quantities and types of goods that can be bought in the north and brought into the south, including from the bicommunal village of Pyla in the buffer zone. Goods, including cigarettes, may be confiscated at the checkpoint and you may be fined. The Republic of Cyprus currently imposes a limit of 40 cigarettes per person on crossing the Green Line from north Cyprus.

Anyone with documents relating to the purchase of property in northern Cyprus when crossing the Green Line could face criminal proceedings.

British and other foreign nationals who have entered Cyprus through the north are considered by the Government of the Republic of Cyprus to have entered Cyprus through an illegal port of entry. The Government of the Republic of Cyprus reserves the right to fine you for illegal entry if you cross into the south, but in practice, the current policy is not to do so.

Booked an all inclusive here for early October. Any recommendations for food or things to do?

Looking forward to trying somewhere new, and hopefully the weather is still okay.
Glad i seen this, how did it go, i'm only asking as i have a wedding in Paphos June next year, due to stay for 3 nights but if it's any good might make a week of it, been to Protaras on other side of the Island but never Paphos

I go protaras every year love the place. More Russians now though but they are finally starting to talk to us and not be paranoid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.