Paphos, Cyprus

I spend a lot of time in the Protaras area - I have a place Pernera - absolutely love the area.

Great for Brits - my local pub is even owned by a City fan from Belfast.

Paphos is fine - but I much prefer the areas around Protaras. I think the beaches are much nicer and there is more to do.

The key benefit of the Paphos area is if you intend to play golf - almost all the courses are on the west of the island.

Glad i seen this, how did it go, i'm only asking as i have a wedding in Paphos June next year, due to stay for 3 nights but if it's any good might make a week of it, been to Protaras on other side of the Island but never Paphos

Amazing weather and overall great service in the hotel, when compared with anywhere I have been in Spain for example.

Would highly recommend, red hot between April and November. Quite a few Russians if you walk along the marina and especially up towards Coral Bay, quite selfish folk on the whole but weren't many in our resort if any.

Amazing weather and overall great service in the hotel, when compared with anywhere I have been in Spain for example.

Would highly recommend, red hot between April and November. Quite a few Russians if you walk along the marina and especially up towards Coral Bay, quite selfish folk on the whole but weren't many in our resort if any.
World Cup will be on when i'm there, many places to watch games and have a good drink, what are restaurants like? some in our family get a bit picky!

World Cup will be on when i'm there, many places to watch games and have a good drink, what are restaurants like? some in our family get a bit picky!

Tbh with you mate I found it a bit pokey in regards to pubs, I was recommended a few for the England game and when I went for a look in the day it was just blokes in their 60s supping cheap ale staring out at you, like a midweek wetherspoons but nowhere to sit lol. So gave it a miss and watched it in the hotel room.

The food was amazing in our hotel, and it's not often I say that so only ate out a few times. If you like gyros I recommend a place next to the big shopping mall, not sure of the name as it is in Greek but the signage for the place is a chicken skewer and green writing lol, a lot of locals eat in there, I think we were the only tourists. A few friendly places near the marina for good value too with plenty of dishes to choose from.

Just got back from a week in Coral bay.

The weather was brilliant but i was underwhelmed by the place.Unless you are someone who enjoys doing pretty much nothing other than sun bathing,i'm not sure it's a holiday you'll enjoy.

Pathos harbour and the old town are about 30mins away on the bus,however both are very disappointing in terms of attractions,shops and cafe's/restaurants - we travelled in almost daily though just to break the boredom.I was definitely expecting more and i have to say i enjoyed Larnaca as a destination much better.

Just got back from a week in Coral bay.

The weather was brilliant but i was underwhelmed by the place.Unless you are someone who enjoys doing pretty much nothing other than sun bathing,i'm not sure it's a holiday you'll enjoy.

Pathos harbour and the old town are about 30mins away on the bus,however both are very disappointing in terms of attractions,shops and cafe's/restaurants - we travelled in almost daily though just to break the boredom.I was definitely expecting more and i have to say i enjoyed Larnaca as a destination much better.

I got back on sunday night, also stayed in Coral bay. It was my first trip to Cyprus, the weather was great and food was cheap but I was very surprised at how Little England it was.

The 1.50 euro on the bus to Paphos was great.
Ive got to be honest I didnt realise there wasnt that many beaches over there. Went down to the "award winning" Coral bay beach and it was crap but i dont like the beach anyway so that didnt bother me too much.

Would recommend it for a cheap holiday and some winter sunshine, but not if you like sunbathing on the beach.

I got back on sunday night, also stayed in Coral bay. It was my first trip to Cyprus, the weather was great and food was cheap but I was very surprised at how Little England it was.

The 1.50 euro on the bus to Paphos was great.
Ive got to be honest I didnt realise there wasnt that many beaches over there. Went down to the "award winning" Coral bay beach and it was crap but i dont like the beach anyway so that didnt bother me too much.

Would recommend it for a cheap holiday and some winter sunshine, but not if you like sunbathing on the beach.
You were probably on my flight,landed 0030hrs Monday?

I stayed in the Sentido,which,again,was underwhelming in terms of food and facilities.Entertainment was terrible.

Agree about the beach too,not great.

You were probably on my flight,landed 0030hrs Monday?

I stayed in the Sentido,which,again,was underwhelming in terms of food and facilities.Entertainment was terrible.

Agree about the beach too,not great.

No I landed about 2115 UK time.

The beach was just littered in fag butts and russians.

Watched the game in Renegades sports bar on saturday, 15euros for six pints happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.