parading the cup(any will do)...

bluemoonrising

iv'e never expirienced this...the open top bus...manchester decked out in blue...it's one of the things i'm looking forward to the most the rags can stick all they have won up thier arse sideways cos the party manchester will have when we win will mean so much to the people of our city...
allis.jpg

any older blues with pics or great memories of any parades they want to post

bluemoonrising said:
iv'e never expirienced this...the open top bus...manchester decked out in blue...it's one of the things i'm looking forward to the most the rags can stick all they have won up thier arse sideways cos the party manchester will have when we win will mean so much to the people of our city...
allis.jpg

I actually stated to some rags last week that when/if we win anything (can't you tell im a city fan lol) there going to get it rammed so far down there throat its going to be coming out of there arses. Seriously we've had 20 years of abuse of them fuckers and we've had to take it. When/If we win anything its going to be insane as im going to give the cun.ts 20 odd years of abuse in one go. Actually there are a couple of really really vile rags i know know scum of the earth they are, i'm litterally going to pull me cock out and piss all over them if we win out.

Challenger1978 said:
bluemoonrising said:
allis.jpg

I actually stated to some rags last week that when/if we win anything (can't you tell im a city fan lol) there going to get it rammed so far down there throat its going to be coming out of there arses. Seriously we've had 20 years of abuse of them fuckers and we've had to take it. When/If we win anything its going to be insane as im going to give the cun.ts 20 odd years of abuse in one go. Actually there are a couple of really really vile rags i know know scum of the earth they are, i'm litterally going to pull me cock out and piss all over them if we win out.

PMSL

there is a great book out called Glory Days 66-70 which features photos from the MEN archives of all City's cup games round by round during this era and of course the 1969 and 1970 parades in Albert Square plus the charity shield match at Maine Road where the players did a lap of honour with the League Championship trophy. Theres a top picture of Tony Book with the trophy and some fans. Its published by the MEN and has forewords by Colin Bell and I think Malcom Allison. Great book if you can find a copy.

my auntie was brough up in handforth and she said in 76 they must have got a train to wilmslow and drove all the way down the a34 into town. She still has the newspaper with the pics of them goin through Handforth i'll try and get a scan of it.

For those old enough to remember I know we had a civic parade for the FA Cup in 69 and the League Cup and ECWC the year after two questions?

1) Was anything done for the title win in 1968 apart from the hastily arranged game against Bury?

2) Were the two cups in 1970 paraded seperately or both together?

Apart from the Bury friendly the following Wednesday, there was nothing done for the 1968 Championship. Although the team did parade the trophy before the Charity Shield match against WBA at the beginning of the following season

Albert Square was rammed for the 1969 FA Cup homecoming the the day after the final. Same thing for the 1970 League Cup but the ECWC parade was a more muted affair taking place about 4.00 pm the afternoon after the match. A great laugh though with many of the players, especially Francis Lee and Mike Summerbee, obviously pissed out of their heads and insisting on making "speeches" from the platform. Shades of Freddy Flintoff at the Ashes do.

Another welcome for the the defeated 1974 League Cup finalists but this was understandably downbeat. However, it was back to bedlam for 1976 League Cup winners. Little did we know then that would be our lot for at least 33 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.