Paradise Papers Leak

Always the same story. The poorest in society paying their fair share of tax whilst the richest do everything they can to avoid it. And as usual nothing will be done about it.

Even the queen has been at it https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...vate-estate-invested-offshore-paradise-papers

What sort of precedence does it set when the head of state the Her in HMRC is engaged in this type of behaviour?

Plenty of hypocrits to and I hear that Lord Ashcroft is still hiding in the carzy from the reporters.

Anyway a further instalment is on the Panarama tonight where the UK again confirms itself to be the biggest hypocrite in tax avoidance.

It’s not offshore for the Queen, is it, she’s the Head of State there; now do you have an opinion on the various trade union and charity tax avoidance scams that fund Labour. Or the guardian? Nope?

You know what I meant. And if I may ask why are you so happy to defend this sort of shit?
There is nothing to defend.
People investing in off shore funds is not illegal. Every fund managed in London will have some offshore assets.
It's the moral outrage by people who have no idea that I don't like. Now when they give evidence of illegal financial instruments being used then it will be a story but at the moment it's just envy.
If you want you could make the same argument about ISAs. Why should people who have enough money to invest in an ISA get away with not paying tax? What about the poor who have no savings, it's not fair that they have to pay tax!! What about people who's pensions invest in offshore instruments? Why should they get away with not paying tax?

It's all nonsense. If you changed the law to prevent these investments the UK would be very much poorer overnight and anyone with enough money to do so would fuck off to everywhere else in the world where the moral outrage police don't rule the roost.

There is nothing to defend.
People investing in off shore funds is not illegal. Every fund managed in London will have some offshore assets.
It's the moral outrage by people who have no idea that I don't like. Now when they give evidence of illegal financial instruments being used then it will be a story but at the moment it's just envy.
If you want you could make the same argument about ISAs. Why should people who have enough money to invest in an ISA get away with not paying tax? What about the poor who have no savings, it's not fair that they have to pay tax!! What about people who's pensions invest in offshore instruments? Why should they get away with not paying tax?

It's all nonsense. If you changed the law to prevent these investments the UK would be very much poorer overnight and anyone with enough money to do so would fuck off to everywhere else in the world where the moral outrage police don't rule the roost.
Good post mate.

It’s not offshore for the Queen, is it, she’s the Head of State there; now do you have an opinion on the various trade union and charity tax avoidance scams that fund Labour. Or the guardian? Nope?

Yes I do actually and I think before you start firing off in attempt to shut me down.

I am against tax avoidance regardless of who they are.

The Guardian aren't involved in tax avoidance well in the sense that is been advocated I should know that having worked for them in the past.

The Guardian is owned by The Scott Trust https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Trust_Limited

Its purpose is not to avoid paying corporation tax but it was set up many years ago to avoid the death taxes which would have shut the paper down

When CP Scott retired from managing and editing the paper in July 1929, he passed control to his two sons. John was manager and Edward (Ted) took over as editor.

The death of CP Scott and son Ted within three months of each other in 1932 brought a very real threat to the future independence of the Guardian.

The Inland Revenue would claim full death duties, or inheritance tax, in the event of John’s death and would mean the end of the Manchester Guardian as an independent liberal newspaper.

To prevent this, John renounced all financial benefit in the business for himself and his family by transferring all the ordinary shares in the company – a stake worth more than £1 million at the time – to a group of trustees. The Scott Trust became the owner of the Manchester Guardian.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.