Parker wins Football Writer's Award

Manc in London said:
Mockney_Ted said:
Behave. Scott Parker has carried West Ham single handedly for 3 years now. This season he has been absolutely exceptional and there is no bigger a example of a one man team in the Premiership.

Very easy to say Nasri, Tevez, Kompany, Vidic etc when they are surrounded by quality.

The same cannot be said of Scott Parker. Not only has his work rate been exceptional, his goals, assists, all round play has been fantastic for a defence minded midfielder.

I thought you lot would have more class than to be blinkered by the "Top 4/5" syndrome

Carried a team to relegation?

When he was surrounded by quality at Chelsea, he was awful. He has played his best football at West Ham and Charlton. That indicates to me that his efforts stand out when surrounded by dross.

He's got a good engine....and that's about it

We would be in League 1 now if it wasn't him.

Good engine and that's about it? That is a lazy clueless statement if I've ever heard one.

Twice the player Gareth Barry is.

Mockney_Ted said:
Manc in London said:

When he was surrounded by quality at Chelsea, he was awful. He has played his best football at West Ham and Charlton. That indicates to me that his efforts stand out when surrounded by dross.

Good engine and that's about it? That is a lazy clueless statement if I've ever heard one.

If he is only twice the player Barry is there is no way on earth he should have won it.

Parker has done well in a very bad team and if he had helped drag them to mid table then his case would have been stronger. However being the best player in a team that will likely be relegated anyway hardly supports his case.

Decent player who has had a very good season but Player of the Year? Never!

Mockney_Ted said:
Manc in London said:

England caps would suggest otherwise

Haha

He's a limited footballer with no vision or technique.

As for Barry, he's at a top club. Parker is at West Ham for a reason. Parker got found out at Chelsea.

West Ham players have always been over-hyped. I put it down to the West Ham loving media being full of east end spivs, or the sons of east end spivs.

Not got a problem with West Ham. Never have done but the media love-in is stomach churning.

Manc in London said:
Haha

As for Barry, he's at a top club. Parker is at West Ham for a reason. Parker got found out at Chelsea.

West Ham players have always been over-hyped. I put it down to the West Ham loving media being full of east end spivs, or the sons of east end spivs.

Not got a problem with West Ham. Never have done but the media love-in is stomach churning.

hey , less of that. they're the academy of football remember

Manc in London said:
Haha

Parker was at Chelsea in 2004 when they were at their peak, probably the best team we've seen in England since Man U 1999. Hardly something to be ashamed of.

What over-hyped West Ham players are you referring to then?

Great player,well deserved.

Parker has matured into the complete midfielder,his attitude is also exemplary,never giving less than his very best.

Mark Noble, Carlton Cole, Matthew Upson, Rob Green (pre England gaffe), Joel Tomkins and many others before. It's not the West Ham fans who overrate these players, it's the press.

I don't like where this is going as it makes me out as someone who doesn't like West Ham even though I like the club.

good player parker always rated him, but come on player of the year? wouldn't even be in my top 5. bit southern bias from the writers i think.

Manc in London said:
Mark Noble, Carlton Cole, Matthew Upson, Rob Green (pre England gaffe), Joel Tomkins and many others before. It's not the West Ham fans who overrate these players, it's the press.

I don't like where this is going as it makes me out as someone who doesn't like West Ham even though I like the club.

I was going to say....who on earth rates the above players? We all know they are awful with a particular mention to Upson who along with Lescott must be the worst English Centre Half to play for the national team that I've ever seen.

I'm really struggling to see what section of the press over hype's these players? Would be great to see....? Can't begin to think where you've seen/read this my friend?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.