Parking Charge Notice advice

Ric

Administrator
Hoping for some advice off any legal types on here.

My missus recently received a Parking Charge Notice for "not parking correctly within the markings of the bay or space" at the Peel Centre in Stockport.

She did this deliberately as the car in the next bay on the right was parked very close to the line, whilst the bay to her left was a lot larger than a regular bay and, although there was a car parked in the space, there was still ample room so she straddled the line to allow space on either side of the vehicle.

The fine is £100 (reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days), but was just wondering if she could either a) ignore the notice (have heard these are scams that are different from regular parking tickets) or b) if she should appeal against it?

Here's the bay in question:

peel-centre-1.jpg

Ignore it. Had one from the same car park from the same company. It's really poorly signed especially around Toys R Us which led us to thinking it was a free car park. Lots on the internet about this company in particular. They will give up after several Letters.

Hoping for some advice off any legal types on here.

My missus recently received a Parking Charge Notice for "not parking correctly within the markings of the bay or space" at the Peel Centre in Stockport.

She did this deliberately as the car in the next bay on the right was parked very close to the line, whilst the bay to her left was a lot larger than a regular bay and, although there was a car parked in the space, there was still ample room so she straddled the line to allow space on either side of the vehicle.

The fine is £100 (reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days), but was just wondering if she could either a) ignore the notice (have heard these are scams that are different from regular parking tickets) or b) if she should appeal against it?

Here's the bay in question:

peel-centre-1.jpg
Until recently I'd have said ignore it but things have changed legally. Look at the ninth post on this page
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/car-parking-fines.320370/

Which car is hers? I can't see anything wrong with any of them cars

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.