Parking Eye

Awesome use of the young ones in that.

Luckily never had a problem with supermarket car parks but from this thread I've decided never to enter the same one twice in a day.

Tell them to poke it. The issue with ANPR cameras failing to recognise number plates, and counting two separate short visits as one continuous stay is well known, We know it, Parking Eye know it, and POPLA know it. If they are stupid enough to pursue it, they will most likely lose.

Dear Fascist Bully-Boy,

I am in receipt of your letter dated XXXX. I have a number of witnesses who will provide a sworn statement upon request, stating they witnessed the vehicle in question being driven, or parked, in a location other than the car park at Asda, Trashton-under-Lyne during the period you claim it was parked.

If you still intend to proceed with this frivolous action, please furnish me with the following information:

• All maintenance records from the previous 12 months for the ANPR system.
  • A statement from the equipment manufacturer that supports your assumption that failure to log the entry/exit of every vehicle cannot happen.
  • Details of all relevant type approvals and specifications to which the equipment is manufactured.
  • A notarised statement from the equipment operator confirming the equipment was in full working order on the day in question.
  • CCTV footage that shows the vehicle for the entire duration of the alleged overstay
I do not expect any further correspondence, other than to provide the above information, a statement that case has been referred to POPLA, or preferably, confirmation you are no longer pursuing this ridiculous claim. If I receive any correspondence other than requested, I will report the matter to the police, with a view to pursuing a criminal prosecution under than the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

May the seed of your loins be fruitful in the belly of your woman,

John

Superb. Thanks.

Tell them to poke it. The issue with ANPR cameras failing to recognise number plates, and counting two separate short visits as one continuous stay is well known, We know it, Parking Eye know it, and POPLA know it. If they are stupid enough to pursue it, they will most likely lose.

Dear Fascist Bully-Boy,
Please rip the ticket up...
you
bastard
May the seed of your loins be fruitful in the belly of your woman,

Neil

John

I don't like the Dear, sounds a bit to much like Will you go to bed with Me?

They gave a barrister a ticket

ParkingEye went after Bowen for overstaying the free two-hour limit at a motorway service station and, when he wouldn’t roll over, decided to sue him. But the firm, owned by Capita, may now be regretting picking this particular fight after a judge struck out the case and ordered the company to pay his costs of £1,550.

However, it probably wouldn’t be completely accurate to describe this as a case of the little man taking on the big company and winning, because Bowen arguably isn’t the sort of person you would want to get into a legal battle with: he is a renowned barrister and Queen’s Counsel who has undertaken a raft of high-profile cases. And in some ways he has been down this road before. Twenty years ago he got an injunction against a rogue clamper during the lunch break at Bournemouth county court – something that attracted media attention, including an article in the Daily Mail headlined “Rumpole beats the clampers”.

full article:https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/aug/26/parking-eye-takes-on-top-barrister-85-fine

Fucking bastards!
I went to Snowdon Mountain Railway a few weeks back and the sat-nav directed me to a car park beside what i thought was the station.
So i paid my car park ticket and we were heading off, when some old fucking sheep shagging railway worker informed us we were in the wrong car park, but not to worry as our ticket would be fine in the car park adjacent to the one we were in.
So we thought no more of it and headed into the car park next door.
I've now received a £100 fine and i can't even appeal it, as i handed my ticket to a fella who was about to park up, as there was a few hours left on the ticket!
I think my good deed may have cost this chap £100 also!
cunts!

These arseclowns are PRIVATE COMPANIES, they can not "Fine" you or anything else, all they can do is make a claim and hope you are dumb enough to pay them.

When they make a claim its up to them to produce evidence of the claim as made and that you have any liability IN LAW, they have to show you entered into a contract with them and they must quantify a loss they have made as a result.

So in the case of johnmc their claim is he was there all day, he says he was not and can back it up with the purchase of two separate tickets, letter from employer ect, there is no need to play their games with appeal (Notice in their letter they are trying to make you the claimant and produce evidence you did not do something), simply reject the claim and if (And only) should they be daft enough to go the court route do you need to produce any evidence if they can even make a case in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.