Parking near/at the Etihad

it must be a pain living near the ground, especially on match day, but the council are just being greedy. its gonna be absolute chaos trying to get a tram or the bus. massive queues,shit public transport, can't park near the ground - do city or the council want fans to attend matches ?

It's getting more & more difficult to go to City now , every year there's another hoop to jump through, are they trying to stop local fans going ?

Ah balls, all the parking on the private car parks will be absolute chaos now then! Been using the same one for the last 10 years, a Rag runs it but he's a decent bloke to be fair to him. At a fiver a time, no complaints!

Just absolute fucking madness
There's going to be around 30,000 people scrambling for public transport

The odd single tram turning up 10 minutes after the game. With some decent planning the tram could gets loads of people back to town quickly but it's so amateur.

Anyone have a picture of this extended zone? Does it go as far as Norton St?

Unfortunately not, the leafelets were only sent to residents in what zone their house is in (It's my parents in zone 1 so I don't have the leaflet at mine, will be round preatch so will take pic ) the website address and link .
they gave out is down when you try to open it

Zone 1 boundries are area inside

ashton new rd, down to ashton old road north to south and alan turing way to viaduct or every st ( not sure which) east to west

Last edited:
The odd single tram turning up 10 minutes after the game. With some decent planning the tram could gets loads of people back to town quickly but it's so amateur.
Yep, it's not rocket science. Public transport in Manchester, and the UK as a whole, is abysmal. We (the public) are partly to blame though: we're very averse to not driving our cars. Europe, Germany and the Netherlands especially, have it all integrated, your season card can be used on buses, trams, you can get frequent and close access to and from the ground. And a pint in the ground!

I think I need to be clear, the club have nowt to do with this (well not directly), this is the council who have decided this, it was cited that residents are finding it difficult to park on event days/nights and they need to bring in control measure.
As my parents and I believe this is bollocks as they are still allowing extra cars to park for visitors (and at most only 2 cars are allowed now), but only if you pay for the privelidge.
just another tax imho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.