Parking near/at the Etihad

Doesn’t look like there is any free parking within reasonable distance of the ground anymore. I’ve got no idea why they have turned almost the whole of Clayton into a permit only area. It’s not like there were big problems there before.

Plenty of parking 10 - 15 mins walk away from the ground. Don't be lazy ;) Look at the map, pick a street, get there early, job done.

Doesn’t look like there is any free parking within reasonable distance of the ground anymore. I’ve got no idea why they have turned almost the whole of Clayton into a permit only area. It’s not like there were big problems there before.

theres plenty of free parking spaces you just have to drive 10/15 minutes out. i haven't payed to park at all this season or others.

First night game of the season on Weds. What streets are still free to park? need to get back on the Mancunian Way so that side of the ground preferable.

Park by that Chinese cash and carry that caught fire the other week, 10 minute max walk, used to park on the street there for free, don't know if it has changed now?

Main problem is the transport infrastructure around Manchester which is currently shambolic, the M60 works have been going on since Adam was a lad, no signs of completion and this has a knock on effect elsewhere. The metro system is woefully working below it's potential, a few more carriages would help! I wonder if the club is able to put some pressure on the authorities to improve matters. It would appear that quite a number of people are not attending due to the above, particularly for night matches.
would be interested on others views

What do people think about driving from Preston tomorrow? Is it worth it when i can only leave at 5:30, or do you think its worth just hopping on the train? Conscious with normal rush hour traffic, xmas markets, football traffic it will be like everton a few years ago and i got there for half time.

Main problem is the transport infrastructure around Manchester which is currently shambolic, the M60 works have been going on since Adam was a lad, no signs of completion and this has a knock on effect elsewhere. The metro system is woefully working below it's potential, a few more carriages would help! I wonder if the club is able to put some pressure on the authorities to improve matters. It would appear that quite a number of people are not attending due to the above, particularly for night matches.
would be interested on others views
I drive from Scotland so midweek games can be difficult. I park using JustPark very close to the ground but it still takes 45/50 mins to get back to the M60. Defo a consideration. The Metro is unsafe for human beings after a game (we used to use park and ride out of Ashton so we have some experience!).

What do people think about driving from Preston tomorrow? Is it worth it when i can only leave at 5:30, or do you think its worth just hopping on the train? Conscious with normal rush hour traffic, xmas markets, football traffic it will be like everton a few years ago and i got there for half time.

If it were me it would be train. In fact it will be. Last time it took me an hour and 20 to do a 20 min journey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.