Parking near/at the Etihad

I drive from Scotland so midweek games can be difficult. I park using JustPark very close to the ground but it still takes 45/50 mins to get back to the M60. Defo a consideration. The Metro is unsafe for human beings after a game (we used to use park and ride out of Ashton so we have some experience!).

If you're sitting towards the North Stand area of the stadium, you should park on Riverpark Business centre (£5) which less than ten minutes walk from the stadium
I sit in East L1, am not an early leaver and get onto the M60 ten minutes after getting to the car

What do people think about driving from Preston tomorrow? Is it worth it when i can only leave at 5:30, or do you think its worth just hopping on the train? Conscious with normal rush hour traffic, xmas markets, football traffic it will be like everton a few years ago and i got there for half time.

I'm picking my lad up in Preston around 5.15 then heading straight for motorway,thankfully another 15 mins on our side with it being a 8pm ko,but the pleasure of sitting on the M60 is one I look forward to,especially night games...........

I'm picking my lad up in Preston around 5.15 then heading straight for motorway,thankfully another 15 mins on our side with it being a 8pm ko,but the pleasure of sitting on the M60 is one I look forward to,especially night games...........
Its gonna be 5:30 before i can get away from work and then i have to get from Penwortham to the M61 which alone can take 30 minutes at that time. Thinking train might be the best option.

If you're sitting towards the North Stand area of the stadium, you should park on Riverpark Business centre (£5) which less than ten minutes walk from the stadium
I sit in East L1, am not an early leaver and get onto the M60 ten minutes after getting to the car
Do you go up the Oldham Road to achieve that? The car park must be pretty good to get out of!

Its gonna be 5:30 before i can get away from work and then i have to get from Penwortham to the M61 which alone can take 30 minutes at that time. Thinking train might be the best option.

I know what you mean,I'm trying to think best way round it,save you pissing around,I can definitely bring you home though,trains can be shit late on

Do you go up the Oldham Road to achieve that? The car park must be pretty good to get out of!

Yes
I leave a couple of mins after the final whistle
Walk down the concourse, through City square and Joe Mercer way

There's never been more than five cars in front of me when pulling out onto Briscoe lane
I can either go straight up to the top and join Oldham road up there, or turn left onto Grimshaw lane, which now seems the quickest way to join Oldham Road

But, my seat is in 104, so it only takes me a few minutes to exit the stadium, so ten minutes later I've no idea what the traffic is like

Which way are you chaps from Preston and the north m6 driving to the games? I used to travel via m61/m60/m602 / Mancunian way and it was always a nightmare on night games.
For the last 3 or 4 years I now travel other direction on m60 and come off moston and in that way and it’s miles quicker. Never had a problem with time and usually leave 5pm from Lancaster.

Which way are you chaps from Preston and the north m6 driving to the games? I used to travel via m61/m60/m602 / Mancunian way and it was always a nightmare on night games.
For the last 3 or 4 years I now travel other direction on m60 and come off moston and in that way and it’s miles quicker. Never had a problem with time and usually leave 5pm from Lancaster.

I live out here in Cheshire and the shortest route to the stadium for me would be Princess Parkway and then the Manc Way, but I never ever go that way
I always drive round the east side of the M60 to the Oldham junction and head to the stadium from that direction

Secret route me,can't tell too many as that will become busy then !!!

But I avoid Mancunian Way at all costs,always come in via Heaton Park,back streets of Blackley and come out near A62 to park at back of gas towers

I know what you mean,I'm trying to think best way round it,save you pissing around,I can definitely bring you home though,trains can be shit late on
Cheers mate, much appreciated. There is 3 of us tomorrow so think brisk walk for that late train will be the best option. If you are ever stuck for a lift though give me a shout as i probably mix driving and train 50/50 so if im driving can always take a few.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.