Parking near/at the Etihad

Parts of the exclusion zones are not even residential. There's plenty of on street parking, current, that are in 'industrial' streets going to be affected too.

It's just a way of banning cars from the area unless on official car parks, i.e. a money making exercise.

So that's a minimum of a hundred quid a season for me (20 games x £5 parking) as car is really the only viable transport to the match, unless I want a two and a half hour journey each way on public transport
At the moment I park a mile away from the stadium in the proposed Zone 5

That's why I said to them resident visitors wise ( thoughe dads idea but he was too worked up during the meeting so I put it across) that if they had event only meters with a flat rate of £2-£2.50 then they would still make the money and would be fair for people who may drive to 10 games rather than having a flat charge of £45 for a year no matter how many times you use it.

Also the visitors permit will not have a reg so Mary D's can carry on buying local reisdents at cost and then charging £5 to use them as can any resident, which was something they cited they were trying to stop.

As for you and others who park far enough away now and are being pushed further out, it is a pisstake

Looks as though there will be plenty of season tickets for sale next season ;-)

One way of getting round the queue issues, fuck everyone off that much that unless a lovely sunny day people won't bother.

Is this shit happening near the swamp or is it just us again?

That's why I said to them resident visitors wise ( thoughe dads idea but he was too worked up during the meeting so I put it across) that if they had event only meters with a flat rate of £2-£2.50 then they would still make the money and would be fair for people who may drive to 10 games rather than having a flat charge of £45 for a year no matter how many times you use it.

Also the visitors permit will not have a reg so Mary D's can carry on buying local reisdents at cost and then charging £5 to use them as can any resident, which was something they cited they were trying to stop.

As for you and others who park far enough away now and are being pushed further out, it is a pisstake

The Council's answer to the matchday meters will be that it still won't alleviate the parking issues on the roads as all supporters who drive will just pay to park
At the moment my other option is to park and ride from Ashton @£2.70 return, which doesn't sound too bad until you now have to count in a further 30,000 displaced supporters who also need transporting away from the stadium
The lad who I sit next to does the park and ride from Ashton and last season had his tyres slashed

One way of getting round the queue issues, fuck everyone off that much that unless a lovely sunny day people won't bother.

Is this shit happening near the swamp or is it just us again?
No, at the Swamp they're getting ANOTHER tram stop to help reduce congestion after games.

Then there is E2

23wv0pk.jpg

Although I've posted the maps I don't have any other knowledge about the proposals. Urban Genie is ahead of the game there.

It strikes me this all sounds like a bloody nightmare. Are the club aware of the implication of this for so many people? In light of the supposed cosy relationship with the council you would think they have a big influencewith this. Problem is they probably don't give a shit as evidenced by the "queues" debacle.

I'm interested in the number of people this will have an impact on and where the on road parking is now. I'm only really familiar with the bit I drive down which is past the Corner Shop on Palmerston St all the way down to the ring road or Palmerston St/Gurney St/Emery St to the ring road if I'm going north.
Palmerston St has parking both sides pretty mcuh all the way down and likewise Gurney St before hitting the current Medlock Vale zone.

Anyone like to add the roads impacted in zones they are familiar with?

I totally get the local residents issues - thousands of us invading on a match day and causing chaos. It would be far better however if the council worked with us through the club to develop a sustainable and appropriate solution. 50 odd thousand people need to commute to and from the game. The council needs to decide how they get these people from various corners of the city and beyond in and out of the area on match days. Simply stopping people parking, closing roads and discouraging car use - partially removes the car option but it does NOT represent a solution to the problem. There's no effective park and ride schemes in place, as we've discussed the trams are shit and have no further capacity at present, buses can't get in and out of the local area - getting stuck in post match traffic and road closures. As usual we are getting knee jerk reactions and no strategic solutions. We need park and ride schemes in different areas of the city that are a) cheap and b) get people in and out of the ground quickly - no one is going to use park and ride if they have to queue in the rain for 40 mins after the game to get back to their car and then queue another 30 mins to get out of a car park. Th tram does offfer a partial solution but there needs to be many more trams and park and ride areas need to be located at a number of tram stops - getting cheaper to park as you go out - with the tram fare free. This would take a few years to put into place but better to start working on this now than poss about with parking restrictions that will only move the problem. The council seem to operating to a model that says - if we keep making it harder to get to the game maybe less people will attend - thus fixing the problem - when in fact it's simply an infrastructure problem. The present infrastructure is fine on a non match day but it falls to pieces as soon as 50 odd thousand people decide to attend a football match - do people at MCC not understand that the whole regeneration of East Manchester rests on them getting the infrastructure right - or will they hope that any redevelopment of the collar site is a failure so that they won't have to deal with the transport and logistics issues.

I'm shocked City (as well as any other club in greater Manchester) haven't asked MCC to join them on a trip to Germany and shown them what football is like there. We could lead the way in terms of football culture. We'd offer everyone who had a valid match ticket free public transport within Greater Manchester (Valid for the full day), they'd allow 'controlled drinking areas' around the stadia where fans could bring their own cans/drinks/food (there would also be an opportunity for bars/food stalls/merchandise sales). The collar site would be perfect for this. Then the main point is to just use common sense. Double the number of buses waiting after the game, half the waiting time between trams, offer safer, more secure bicycle parking and offer free (or subsidised) parking for cars that have more than one person in them.

The main critique would be 'well that costs money'. Well my season ticket is close to £500, in Germany they charge around 150 Euros for a season ticket and manage all of that. When more people use public transport, opportunities arise for advertising and sponsorships and so on which would make up for the shortfalls.

Public transport is so poorly managed in Greater Manchester - there's no wonder our roads are so congested.

clayton Lnei
I normally park at the top of Clayton Lane, just below the green box at the bottom, which is currently no parking. By the looks of it, this bit will be outside the area, which will release several hundred more parking spaces. Unfortunately, it will make the Grove and the other surrounding pubs far busier!
The irony of this change is that there are no houses in the area and the "travellers" who frequently park there seem to be immune from prosecution for illegal parking, whereas match goers frequently get tickets if they park there. Strange, innit?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.