Parking near/at the Etihad

If they bring this shit in I'm going to sack off my seasoncards

You are right but in Germany they have sidings packed full of trams ready to roll at the end of the game. I've given up on the tram in Manchester and walk back to town after games - watching empty trams travelling towards the stadium ! And the odd single tram with punters packed in like sardines travelling back to town - it's scandalous how crap the service is. If the service was organised and provided a better service people would use it but it's presently third rate.
Maybe so but on my last visit to the Allianz I still queued for 45 mins just to get into the station, let alone get on a train. You can't shift 55,000 people in a blink of an eye, no matter how many trains/trams/buses are available.

People may think the tram system is poor but if it wasn't there they'd be moaning even more about how long it takes to get away from the stadium. The tram system is limited by the amount of money that was available when it was built, so you can't have trams longer than a double unit because the platforms aren't long enough, the platforms aren't longer because that would have pushed up the original capital costs of building the network. The same applies to the number of available trams, there aren't that many spares available if the entire network is running, again because of the costs.

If people want a public transport system like Germany's then it has to be paid for and with recent governments that was never going to happen as they've been obsessed with cutting spending to keep taxes down, plus they seem to throw the bulk of any transport money at projects that benefit London and the South-East.

Zone 6
9r3fgi.jpg
Do you know if these encompass main roads as well or just the residential side streets? If it does that means you can't get within 2 miles of the ground at all, in a car, without paying!!! It certainly with be the emptihad then ffs

Do you know if these encompass main roads as well or just the residential side streets? If it does that means you can't get within 2 miles of the ground at all, in a car, without paying!!! It certainly with be the emptihad then ffs

As far as I am aware any street/road in the zoned area needs to have a permit unless a private driveway or carpark.

The present permits for residents are just generic with the zone, the new ones will have the registered vehicles liscence number on from how it was explained so you cannot just het one for the house and let anyone use it (as happens with the one my parents have who let my brother use it when it's available).

Maybe so but on my last visit to the Allianz I still queued for 45 mins just to get into the station, let alone get on a train. You can't shift 55,000 people in a blink of an eye, no matter how many trains/trams/buses are available.

People may think the tram system is poor but if it wasn't there they'd be moaning even more about how long it takes to get away from the stadium. The tram system is limited by the amount of money that was available when it was built, so you can't have trams longer than a double unit because the platforms aren't long enough, the platforms aren't longer because that would have pushed up the original capital costs of building the network. The same applies to the number of available trams, there aren't that many spares available if the entire network is running, again because of the costs.

If people want a public transport system like Germany's then it has to be paid for and with recent governments that was never going to happen as they've been obsessed with cutting spending to keep taxes down, plus they seem to throw the bulk of any transport money at projects that benefit London and the South-East.

I totally agree with you - but would point out that tax is an interesting issue. It's not really the level of tax that is the problem in the U.K. It's about how and whom we tax. In Germany people pay nothing on the first €8,000 Euros, 14 per cent up to €53,000 and then it leaps to 42 per cent after that. So they do raise taxes but also let people earn enough to live. They also invest huge sums into their infrastructure - but as you say in the U.K. London seems to benefit from the bulk of infrastructure spending.

So that's a minimum of a hundred quid a season for me (20 games x £5 parking) as car is really the only viable transport to the match, unless I want a two and a half hour journey each way on public transport
At the moment I park a mile away from the stadium in the proposed Zone 5

So that's a minimum of a hundred quid a season for me (20 games x £5 parking) as car is really the only viable transport to the match, unless I want a two and a half hour journey each way on public transport
At the moment I park a mile away from the stadium in the proposed Zone 5
Same here mate, seriously thinking of knocking it on the head now, don't think I'll be the only one, will seriously dent attendances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.