Parking near/at the Etihad

urban genie

Just visiting me parents who live across from the ground and a leaflet from the council has come through the door.

main points

From summer 2017 the residential parking zones around the ground are being extended to a wider area.

A free permit will only be permitted for a registered vehicle of a household with the permit now showing the registration on said vehicle (before you could get a permit for the house no reg required).

If you wish a visitors permit for family/friends rather than one free one your visitor permit will cost £45 with amximum 2 allowed.

Just for any who park up, if I can find the link to the leaflet I will post it later.

Also the extended resident zone south of the new road now runs from alan turing to great ancoats street east/west and the old rd south, so the estate just after the corner shop where I know at least 2 people park up other side of viaduct street, will now be part of the permit area.

Also this leaflet was for zone E1 only there was 6 zones in total.

Right I have now been to the consultation for this, and this is looking like a tax on fans, and another way to try to get people using the trams and buses to get to the ground.
The boundries for the residential parking is to be increased to a 2-3 mile radius, and a visitors pass will be a set figure no matter if you only need to park once or twenty times.

Also they refused to meet people as a group, but instead you had to talk to council reps by household.
They couldn't answer where the £45 figure came up, admitted that the majority they had spoken to were unhappy with the new plans.
I sugested that they meter the area for event days only @£2 a time you pay on the day, with free parking for residents, that way they still make their money, but not at the same time punishing someone with an arbitrary tax, it's no different than the locals charging the same to park in their streets outside the present zone, and if you only park at a mates or family members on night games you are not charged over the odds.

How does it affect you if you park on somebodies drive through Just Park where you pay the house owner via Just Parks website to park on their driveway.

Not sure but think private driveways are exempt, but most parking round the ground is street level, also just park is about £11 on match days

Areas mentioned as now included are parts of platting and ancoats clayton up to edge lane (half way house), openshaw to at least the old road, bradford, beswick, holt town up to new islington.
They dod say itay change depending on the consultations, but leaflets have been sent out so cannot see it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.