Parking near/at the Etihad

typical council decision, stop parking then think how people will travel, come up with the idea to encourage people to use public transport, it will be ready in 2032 after an over spent budget.

just asked two rags fans if parking is fooked up round the old toilet, they said "yeh its terrible, but wont matter anyhow as they don't go matches"

@urban genie Should still be ok,if the private car park where we mainly park,on New Viaduct St is open,or do you know if restrictions are to the actual street area ? Bit of a daft question like,but if it isn't open this season,as car parks come and go around the ground,we will have to make alternative arrangements,typically though it would be a night match first home game

Sorry thats a different zone to my parents house, so not sure, but if it's a private parking area off street then should still be available.

The gang of lads charging a couple of quid to mind you car on the street are probably done for though.

This will be the council though rather than citys fault, Both MCC and GMP would prefer to have less traffic in the area and people using the tram park and ride systen. from town or the snipe.

Additionally Was told by a resident that they have been told that in GMPs eye they would be more than happy for there to be no pubs near the ground and people drink in town and then comute to the ground, a lot less hassle, if D's was gone and townley and corner shop only 2 close to each other and managable on match days it would suit them more.

At least old Toilet have 3 none road sharing tram lines (soon to be 4), a nice dual carriage way in to town and even a train link. We have one tram stop open after the game! and dont forget the Buses that get stuck going back in to town unless you leave 15 minutes before the end!

I usually park on Briscoe Lane, at the first or second junction up from Ten Acre Lane, I had a drive down there on Saturday to check, and there are no signs up about residents only parking. Suppose they have a couple of weeks before the first home game though.
100% going ahead.I had a chat with our local councillor(June Hitchen who is also Deputy Mayor) about an unrelated matter,and I mentioned the new parking restrictions to her. She confirmed then(about a month ago) that Manchester Council had brought the new restrictions in at the request of local residents.

100% going ahead.I had a chat with our local councillor(June Hitchen who is also Deputy Mayor) about an unrelated matter,and I mentioned the new parking restrictions to her. She confirmed then(about a month ago) that Manchester Council had brought the new restrictions in at the request of local residents.

Not doubting you, fella, I was just saying there's no signage up (yet).
This is all bollocks, all it's gonna push people to do is arrive earlier/park on the first streets out of the zones. End of last season, I was getting there stupidly early cos more people were parking early to avoid the restrictions on Ten Acre lane etc, and then walking down to the SS, and beating the big queues. It's gonna be great fun this year.

I'm really fucked off we cant park on Palmerston Street anymore. There are no residents houses here apart from a few right near ancoats! Looks like ill not be doing many night games this season! League cup and champions league definitely getting booted.

Would help if they re-opened that car park off Palmerston Street, but then I guess the pikies would move straight back in like they've done before. God bless them and they're stolen caravans.

Just reading the supporters info for Brighton , interesting how they seem to run things, ie car parking at the ground (if booked), park and ride from three parking sites around the city, also subsidised rail travel with a valid match ticket . This must be a better way just forcing more parking restrictions on people .

For Info I had a drive round Palmerston, Gurney & Every St and the signs are up showing between 10-10 on event day.
Gurney St only has houses at the top end and 90% is facing grassland.
This is going to affect a lot of people for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.