Parking near/at the Etihad

I have also been to few meetings about the parking changes let remember this is still a proposal at the moment, the £45 charge which they propose is already in place in other permit controlled areas of Manchester for visitors but my problem with that is they pay that for 365 days a year we only have roughly 25 event days a year at the Etihad.
The council have told us that the scheme has to change because when the restrictions came into place some of the existing homes and streets were not even built and currently these residents sometimes cannot park outside their own property.
MCFC have no authority on the highway around the Etihad and are talking with MCC regarding this issue.
Football these days is a expensive hobby and paying extra for parking for some people is going to stop people coming, I think that MCFC and MCC should come with affordable parking with new sites closer to the stadium.

The Council's answer to the matchday meters will be that it still won't alleviate the parking issues on the roads as all supporters who drive will just pay to park
At the moment my other option is to park and ride from Ashton @£2.70 return, which doesn't sound too bad until you now have to count in a further 30,000 displaced supporters who also need transporting away from the stadium
The lad who I sit next to does the park and ride from Ashton and last season had his tyres slashed
We did it last week, OK going coming back waited 15 minutes for a tram at the ground and that took 40mins to get to audenshaw then another 30 minutes to get off the park and ride car park, would have been quicker to walk it

For what it's worth bus travel into and from the ground is much better than it was last season. I have had a bus pass for a couple of years but last season it was pointless getting a bus, it was slow into the ground, and even worse on the way back, but this season it's as it should be. City-centre to the ground 10 mins in, 15 mins out (queues and traffic). The biggest delay is the walk to the bus stop around the ground as you cant walk direct to the bus stop because the away section is sealed off even when there's only 500 harmless people. That is silly. Extreme measures only required for 3-4 games a season. habitually sealing off away end is not worth is, but has become routine.

I stopped comin to the game via car about 18mths ago. We live about 25 miles south of the city centre in south cheshire. Typically it was taking me about 1 and half hrs to get yo a hame since we moved to tbe etihad, parking near the vic pub near the academy training ground. But after they put in parking restrictions were imposed round there when the accademy was completed and several mid week games a couple of years ago where the M60 was jammed solid and it took me two and half hrs to get to the game. I moved to the train which takes about 50min If you book the train in advance and have a rail card it can be very cheap. The walk to the stadium from piccadilly takes 25 mins. I dont bother with the trams the service is pathetic and slow. The issue i have is they need to clear the roads of cars for about 15mins near the stadium after the match as with 20k people walking back into town the pavements are not big enough. Drivers get impatient and i have seen several near misses involving pedestrians. Anyway time to get ready.

Leeter gone out to reisdents, local councilor Rosa Battle has put forward recomemdations to scrap the scheme and replace it with a fair one, this is backed by the local MP Lucy Powell so should get approved and the parking restrictions will not be put into place.

1673z8i.jpg

Fair play for listening to the locals

The proposed parking charges have been scrapped but it will become a electronic system and the boundaries will be extended

Leeter gone out to reisdents, local councilor Rosa Battle has put forward recomemdations to scrap the scheme and replace it with a fair one, this is backed by the local MP Lucy Powell so should get approved and the parking restrictions will not be put into place.

1673z8i.jpg

Fair play for listening to the locals

So are you both saying that residents will be entitled to two extra free parking permits!
I've no issue with this

And are you saying that the parking restrictions zone is to be extended, to something similar to what was originally proposed?
If so, this still causes an awful lot of issues for an awful lot of supporters who drive and use street parking

I don't think the majority of fans realise the impact this is going to have on parking , traffic congestion and cost

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.