Parliament to have FA "no confidence" debate next week

Does anyone know the background to this impatience? On a cursory read it seems like it's down to the make up of the FA council and governance rules. Is there more to it though?

Independent

Not before time.
Quite a tricky issue though. Government, that supposed to be able to run the country but can't, getting involved in the FA, who should be running football but can't! They do need to be very careful though, as FIFA will have no truck with government interference in football. Any hint of it and the country is banned from international competition. Not sure the government will want to go down that route, with all that is at stake.

Only relevant if the FA can have a debate and vote on confidence in the Government?

Seriously though just another snide attempt to cut £30m spent on working class pursuits. The backlash will be reports into subsidy for ballet, opera etc - see how they justify that.

Does anyone know the background to this impatience? On a cursory read it seems like it's down to the make up of the FA council and governance rules. Is there more to it though?
I think part of the impatience is that several ex FA Chairman penned that letter a few weeks ago, critical of the FA council.

Whether its about a funding cut or not, the FA does seriously need reform, and football, in England particularly, is hardly short of funds, so maybe reform might mean that more of the PL money filters down to grass roots rather than go into the pockets of footballers and their agents.

Old, established pigs with snouts in trough to debate whether old, established pigs with snouts in trough are fit for purpose. I won't hold my breath

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.