Passport expiry

RACHACE

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=409471
My passport expires in October and I’m wondering whether it’s best to get it renewed now rather than wait.

I was thinking of waiting until mid June when I come back from a week in Greece. I go to Portugal in September so it’ll be sorted for then.

However with brexit do you reckon I’m best getting it renewed now? I plan on doing at least 1 more Euro away with city should we get past Schalke and there’s of course a potential final that I don’t want a passport with only a few months left on it messing it up.

Looking online I’ve read that if we leave with no deal your passport will need 6 months on it to travel to most of Europe. How likely is a no deal scenario though?

Get it sorted sooner or is it likely I’ll be ok waiting until June?

Renew it now, Brexit won’t make a difference.

By the way do it online, I did last week for the first time and it’s so convenient.

Renew ot now as if brexit does go sideways 6 months validity will probably be a requirement.

Really the government should have factored in shprt term passports maybe with a years life rather than a 10 year one that may become obsolete

a lot of places now you have to have a minimum of 6 months remaining, i think USA being one of them, they cannot by UK law refuse you back into the country if your passport is out of order or lost it is your right to return being a British subject but it will be subject to checks that will delay you, after Brexit you will receive a dark blue/green UK passport which will replace the current EU one, these are already printed and await the big day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.