Patrick Roberts - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by BlueisCity, 10 Jul 2017.

1. BlueisCity

BlueisCity

I'm super excited about him in preseason.

2. silvasdreamyfringe

silvasdreamyfringe

Never quite understood this premise. If I was a young footballer I would relish the chance to play football across different european leagues, surely that will only be a positive thing. Also having that knowledge that if I showed the quality required there was big club invested in me.

3. better dead than red

better dead than red

I agree with you. Being able to play football and play well gives you the ability to earn a fine living across the world.

I'd happily, as a young man, move to Greece or Russia or Australia wherever to play football. It beats working in a shop or driving a bus or chasing criminals for not nearly as much £. (Nowt wrong with any of those jobs btw. They are good honest work and only used for examples.)

4. Tevez City

Tevez City

Hope Pep can see that Robert is better than Navas.

5. Magicpole

Magicpole

Low Intelligence Officer
    I think that's unlikely and another year with Celtic in the CL will bring him on even further. That would be my hope.

6. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

Give Roberts another season and he will be a better prospect than Sterling , that is not meant to knock Sterling who is a very good player , but Roberts has that belief when taking players on and taking goal scoring chances as he proved at Celtic , very optimistic that Roberts has another level and 2017/18 is going to be a decisive year in his career.

7. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Economist, Policy Analyst
    That bad touch when Kevin put him through on goal aside. ;-)

8. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

true , but he also should have gone down for the penalty when Smalling tired to take his shirt of his back , but he gradually will learn the fine art of winning penalties

9. Metalartin

Metalartin

He was trying too hard, he needs to relax and enjoy the experience a bit more we know he has the talent so he can just focus on the game.

10. cityzennn93:20

cityzennn93:20

Didn't play well but hopefully he will improve because his ability is far above what he displayed tonight, he just had a bad game.