Patrick Roberts - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the parts you've highlighted in bold and under-lined again.

Your arrogance is off the scale haha.

Congratulations on going out in a semi-final, one for the grandkids.
In regards to the league opposition its a fair comment. The teams are shit, we all know it... so whats your point?... didn't hinder us in the 2 games against the mighty City last season, did it?
Well, obviously it did hinder you, as you STILL finished bottom, despite your 'heroic' performances in your cup finals.

Not arrogant, just telling the truth, pal.

If this competition had been in this format back in 68, you'd never have got near the final, nor will you ever again.
And, if you take your own advice and read back, nowhere did I say us getting to the semi-final was a huge achievement, I was merely pointing out fact.

I suppose you were one of the 6 million in Lisbon, or one of the 20m in Seville, it goes up every time we get told about it.

Well, obviously it did hinder you, as you STILL finished bottom, despite your 'heroic' performances in your cup finals.

If this competition had been in this format back in 68, you'd never have got near the final, nor will you ever again.
And, if you take your own advice and read back, nowhere did I say us getting to the semi-final was a huge achievement, I was merely pointing out fact.

I suppose you were one of the 6 million in Lisbon, or one of the 20m in Seville, it goes up every time we get told about it.

I suppose you were one of the 6 million in Lisbon, or one of the 20m in Seville, it goes up every time we get told about it.[/QUOTE]

I was in Seville and it was just shy of 100,000. I counted them.

Are you suggesting that we shouldn't have finished bottom of that group? We are a championship team in a tin pot league remember... So 4th place sounds about right, no?

IF your club didn't have super rich owners where would you be? If's and buts....

It's nice to see you know about our long history :)

I think Celtic are the right club for PR, they have done a great job bringing him on, the thing is though, we should be taking the helm with him from here and start playing him in the PL, he's good enough as far as I am concerned.

Are you suggesting that we shouldn't have finished bottom of that group? We are a championship team in a tin pot league remember... So 4th place sounds about right, no?

IF your club didn't have super rich owners where would you be? If's and buts....

It's nice to see you know about our long history :)
Are you saying we don't have a long history? Don't fall into that trap, you seem quite a reasonable bloke, despite the horrible club you support ;o)

Are you saying we don't have a long history? Don't fall into that trap, you seem quite a reasonable bloke, despite the horrible club you support ;o)

Always ends up a dick measuring contest. :) for the record. We both have history, we both have big supports. We have both been the club with less resources than our neighbours. We both now have more than them. Let's rejoice in turning the tables.

And we are not horrible. I'm lovely. :)

• This is developing into a Celtic thread,which,given we already have one,we don't need.Move your discussion there if need be,but please keep it respectable...... leave this one to discuss Roberts please.Thank you

Young Roberts was outstanding on Friday night. Slotted back into the pivotal role he performs with us a treat.

He has that killer final ball that allows Griffiths, Sinclair and Dembele to get in behind even the most packed defences.

His dribbling ability was also to the fore, creating panic induced space.

He will be vital for us against the French on Tuesday. I think we will score and if we do, Paddy will be involved.

Young Roberts was outstanding on Friday night. Slotted back into the pivotal role he performs with us a treat.

He has that killer final ball that allows Griffiths, Sinclair and Dembele to get in behind even the most packed defences.

His dribbling ability was also to the fore, creating panic induced space.

He will be vital for us against the French on Tuesday. I think we will score and if we do, Paddy will be involved.
I wish him well, but last night's result and performance illustrated just why many City fans did not want Roberts to go to Celtic.

I wish him well, but last night's result and performance illustrated just why many City fans did not want Roberts to go to Celtic.

Yep. The "He'll be playing Champions League football" doesn't really mean a whole lot when it's getting thrashed by PSG and Bayern. I just hope they can finish third in the group so he at least gets some Europa League games as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.