Patrick Roberts - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than £5million? I very much doubt that.
He came for 4+7m but I pretty much doubt any of his bonuses were already paid, surely they were subject to first team performances and NT games etc. Anyway, in the current climate, a PL side should pay about 10m in my opinion, but there is no point selling him this time as hopefully his star is just rising yet. Not to mention what if Pep would ike to use him next season (it doesn't seem likely for the current one), so a loan would be sufficient.

I think it might depend on upcoming transfers. If Sanchez comes in I really can't see a place for Roberts. On the other hand, that might be a deadline day deal, and I imagine Roberts will want a bit more clarity.

My money is on a permanent deal away for less than we paid with as buy back clause. A bit disappointing for all involved, if so.
Well that makes no sense

I think he sticks on the roster, he might not have had big moments during the pre-season, but still didn't make any truly big mistakes. Seemed to get more involved defensively with the WH game and his passing was crisp. Should stick as the backup RW/RM, he will get decent amounts of playing time next season under Pep.

I think he sticks on the roster, he might not have had big moments during the pre-season, but still didn't make any truly big mistakes. Seemed to get more involved defensively with the WH game and his passing was crisp. Should stick as the backup RW/RM, he will get decent amounts of playing time next season under Pep.

If we get Mbappe and Sanchez, then there is absolutely no space for him in the squad. Even if he get one of the two, then there is no space for him. I really thought he deserved a good chance after impressing on loan, but if we can just buy Mbappe, why develop Roberts? That's the route City and Pep are going.

If we get Mbappe and Sanchez, then there is absolutely no space for him in the squad. Even if he get one of the two, then there is no space for him. I really thought he deserved a good chance after impressing on loan, but if we can just buy Mbappe, why develop Roberts? That's the route City and Pep are going.

He still will get a chance, there havent been any rumblings with him moving on a loan. This coming season we could get hit with an injury bug and Roberts will get even more PT. Pep is still keen to develop youth with giving out 20 appearances last season to the academy kids and will do the same this coming season with hopefully Diaz/Foden and possibly Duhaney in cup games/blowouts

Patrick Roberts' agent will hold talks with Manchester City today concerning his future, with Nice one of the clubs after him. [@ed_aarons]

Will be interesting to see what comes out of this, will find out if he's in Pep's plans this year or next and if he decides a loan move under Favre is the best course of action then City need to do whatever it takes to bring in another quality forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.