Patrick Roberts - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not used at all today, so it's a tad hard to fathom what will happen next.
He's gone. I have no doubt about that, you don't keep a player who you give virtually no minutes to. Zinchenko is definitely gone as well.

Can't believe we've signed him, loaned him out for 18 months to see how he fares and now we may end up selling him.

We have to send a positive message out to young players that they will be given a chance or at least treated properly. Denayer, Roberts and a few others will argue otherwise.
What was the point of taking Roberts and zinchenko if they weren't going to get any minutes? At least they could've added some experience to the checkatrade team.

He's a brilliant talent and was great at Celtic. If he can't even get a few minutes playing time in a friendly, there's nothing a player can do on loan to ever think he can get in the squad. Fucking joke tbh.

Extremely disappointed in him.

Celtic have great fans, doesn't mean you stagnate your growth another year against inferior competition in an inferior league where every trophy has been won twice by him.

Now confirmed another 12 month loan to Celtic.A shame he hasn't the balls to step out of his comfort zone,i look forward to further exceptional performances while playing in a tin pot league.

He's 20 and will have a season where hes getting regular games in front of 60,000 crowds , also he will be getting more experience of Champions league football , surely thats better for the lads developement than a few league / FA cup appearances for us and the occasional appearance off the bench . Next summer re-assess the situation , he will still only be 21

Its a double edged scenario. At celtic he gets the regular appearances, cup/league/champions league success and exposure and coached by brenden Rodgers who imo is a decent manager. At city it would be 1 season with the under 23s and prob our cup squads at a push but again diaz and foden will take those default youth team positions. In the championship or similar he might get more exposure to the "English" game and it should be more competitive than Scotland or the u23s.

Its hard to gauge how he done in preseason and America but didn't do enough to impress Pep so unless Pep leaves I doubt we will ever see him in a competitive city shirt in the next 2-3 years. If he doesn't warm to you then you out i.e. Bony, Nasri etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.