Patrick Roberts (on loan at Celtic)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Churchlawtonblue, 8 Jan 2017.

1. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

Diaz is ready now, time to throw him in the deep end next season. Sancho the year after. It won't happen though. I think we will see them both in peps third year, along with Garcia, gunn and maffeo.

2. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!

Ive watched a lot of the EDS recently and Diaz whilst a real prospect is not first team PL ready at all.

I will say though that we should be using these lads in the Cups and as fans realise that it might mean us not winning them for a few seasons but its for the greater good.

3. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

I think he is. With talents like Diaz and sancho, sending them out on loan is a bad idea. Diaz should be in the first team squad next season, a bit like Garcia floats in and out of it. He will be 18 by time the new season starts, perfect age to be getting some experience. I'm more than sure that Diaz would have more of an impact that navas, even now.

4. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!

Like Billy has said, to be a regular in our forward line now you are going to have to be a world class talent.

Kun, Jesus, Raz, Sane and to say that Diaz is ready to fight those guys for a place right now is stretching it too far mate imo.

Look i have a real buzz about Sancho and can see Diaz is also right up there but they are not ready to first team regulars yet, again imo.

5. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

So navas is world class? Brahim may be a world class talent, you never know until you give him a chance.

6. blueinsa

blueinsa

Rag Hunter!
    No is he fuck and thats why he is sat on the bench or not even making that more and more but he is ahead of Diaz in both maturity and experience and will cope with the PL if needed.

I've said these kids need to be given the chance in the league and FA cups consistently but then as fans, we will have to accept we probably wont win them for a while whilst we bring the talent through in a real competition environment.

We can slag Pep off all we like but do you think for a second the fans moaning about him will adopt such an attitude, especially on here?

Get them in there and if they prove they can do it on that stage then introduce them to the first team but they have to be at the right level and right now, up front that is staggeringly high.

7. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

I agree with all that, but I would like to see Brahim get a chance ahead of navas. It's pointless playing him, offered fuck all for three years.

8. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

With Patrick Roberts it's often predictable what he is going to do, with Sancho it isn't. And it's that unpredicability that bemuses fans and bedazzles defenders. Sane has it, and Sterling has it!

9. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

i wouldn't class sane or sterling right now was world class. they are a level below that. the world class tag gets banded around too much now. you dont have to be world class to get into our team either.

10. Scaring Europe to Death

Scaring Europe to Death

Sane was playing in the Bundesliga, and scoring in the Bernabeu for Schalke, at the age of 19.

That’s probably a better benchmark for judging progress, than games in Scotland, or even Holland for that matter.