Patrick Roberts (on loan at Celtic)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Churchlawtonblue, 8 Jan 2017.

1. cadds92

cadds92

I must admit I was one of them.

I also thought he was just alright at Southampton but the level he is currently playing at at Spurs has definitely surprised me.

2. Jumanji

Jumanji

Yeah he'll easily develop into a better player than Sterling imo. Roberts already has a better shot than him...maybe better than Sane too.

Last edited: 19 May 2017
  3. butlerkb

butlerkb

Doesn't have to be instead of sterling plenty of games to rotate, no real back up at moment (no Lito is supposedly going... what happened to make him so on the nose)

4. r.soleofsalford

r.soleofsalford

I think at the moment we have 4 fantastic prospects out wide. 3 of them seem more clinical in front of goal.
    It would`nt be out of the question to see all 4 make it at the very top of league or international football one day

5. bennyboy

bennyboy

Scored more goals at the Etihad than Navas has for the last few seasons as well.
    Surely Roberts is a better option than Navas.

6. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

Clinical Recovery Coordinator
    Chilling with a beer watching the Blue Moon rise
    I really hope that this lad is with our first team next season. Not only has he gained valuable experience but he has been showing his ability throughout the season. 58 appearences, 17 goals and 20 assists !

7. citytill1die84

citytill1die84

"I Swear you'll never see anything like this ever
    2 superb goals

Last edited: 19 May 2017
  8. clarkstonbhoy

clarkstonbhoy

Celtic fan in peace,

What can I say about Roberts, most talented player I’ve seen up here for years, granted not difficult amongst the cloggers we have running around. Very unselfish player who has fantastic dancing feet and has developed his shooting. One thing I say about Roberts is he is a hard wee bastard, been scythed down plenty of times he just gets up and keeps going. If Pep was to take a chance on him I think you guys would be surprised. Of course you could always send him back to us for another 18months :D He also had clichy in his pocket in the CL not that that any great shakes ;)

Lasted edited by : 19 May 2017
  9. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Thanks pal and welcome.

Having watched Roberts closely this season,can you please explain how he differs to the player people constantly want to compare him against,Sterling? Cheers.

10. clarkstonbhoy

clarkstonbhoy

Sterling is an extremely good player so difficult to say he would immediately replace. Roberts at the beginning with us was too dependent on cutting in on his left foot but he has developed his game. he has the swagger needed for a top drawer player imo. He has developed his upper body strength, wasn't kidding hard hard wee guy as taken some punishment,when he is caught that is lol.

Where he is better than sterling potentially, composure and passing, got a through ball like a tin opener lol