Patrick Roberts (on loan at Celtic)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Churchlawtonblue, 8 Jan 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MP71

MP71

Welcome to Bluemoon mate and thanks for your informative input. I think Brenda has done a great job of developing him and the relationship between our clubs will hopefully reap many more beneficial loans for both of us.

2. Wreckless Alec

Wreckless Alec

No, just Sterling.

3. plongo

plongo

Same could be said for VirgilVD

4. Heart.net

Heart.net

He's passed his 18 month loan audition with flying colours. Get him in and give him playing time. This kid has that x-factor.

5. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

There's an argument to be made for second greatest of his generation but point taken. Players can improve technical ability beyond 30 so I don't understand when people say a 22 year old won't improve his finishing.

On another note, why is anyone acting like Sterling would be under threat from Roberts? They both bring completely different qualities to the team and the squad would be more versatile for having both as options similar to how Bayern have Robben and Coman.

6. Magicpole

Magicpole

Low Intelligence Officer

I've been telling them he's shite. :)

Then you turn up!!!

I hope Pep thinks he is just not in the mound of what he wants.

I think we should offer £8m for him. Although that's peanuts to City I hope they let us keep him for at least another year because hopefully he will have another CL this year.

Ffs City let us keep him. :)

7. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

On the basis we paid £11m when he was a bit part player for Fulham I think £8m a little light. That said i'm not sure what his best move would be from here. He would not feature in our best 11. He would be looking at sub appearances and cup games with us.

8. Tugay One Cup

Tugay One Cup

The flip side is that he would be training daily with some of the best players and coaching staff in the world.

We could have used him this season to be perfectly honest when Sterling and Sane were exhausted. Not saying it was a mistake to send him out on loan, just saying there's bound to be opportunities to replace injured/ tired/ out of form players.

9. Brightwells left peg

Brightwells left peg

Not trying to be disrespectful to Celtic, but for his development, whether with City or someone else, he should be playing in the prem or championship before Scotland.

10. Magicpole

Magicpole

Low Intelligence Officer
    I did say it was peanuts to you. We might be the richest club up here, but in relative terms we haven't a pot to piss in.

I think the main thing for young paddy is to play. Having the talent he has would be a crime to waste it sitting on the bench of a club that can buy anybody.

I hope Pep realises this and allows us to buy him even at £8m. Even an extended loan as he is still a pup will only benefit him. He is lived by our fans, is enjoying Glasgow and I for one will be gutted if he returns to you.

I accept your points though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.