Patrick Roberts (on loan at Celtic)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Churchlawtonblue, 8 Jan 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabriel

Gabriel

While Celtic seek 40m for Dembele! As pointed out, he cost us more than you suggest paying, so by your arithmetic Celtic have made him worse?
    No matter how hard you shake that biscuit tin, the answer should be no. He can have CL in Manchester, too. :-)

2. Magicpole

Magicpole

Low Intelligence Officer
    He gas the chance to play in the CL with us. We have improved further since we faced you and will improve again in the summer. What team in the championship or a lower premier team give him that test? None.

3. Magicpole

Magicpole

Low Intelligence Officer
    No, he has improved. I get you, I'm just grasping at straws. But, I haven't given up hope. If we lose that as football men we might as well chuck it.

I hear you though.

4. MCFC1993

MCFC1993

Shit username, call me George
    £8m and the rest; he's worth £15m-£20m as it stands imo but I wouldn't sell or loan him out now. Skilful young English player who should get more than enough game time at City next season. Plus he'll know if he plays 15-20 games for us next season then there's a chance he'll go to the World Cup, whereas if he stayed at Celtic he'd be ignored.

5. Magicpole

Magicpole

Low Intelligence Officer
    Depress me why don't you. :)

6. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

I think he would get some decent game tie with us but he would not be starting anything other than league cup games. It will be the impact of non regular football on his form that will be the issue. Can he keep his level up without playing every week?

7. Gabriel

Gabriel

Celtic know the score and know that we'll send more players if we see that Rodgers is developing them. If you compare his performance in the Barcelona International Champions Cup match with any of his more recent performances, you can see has not only filled out physically but now knows when to pass and when to run.

For me, Celtic would be better to ask for Iheanacho on a similar deal. He'd probably score 30+ for Celtic, and then City could either reintegrate him or sell him for considerably more than the reputed 20m that is being reported.

8. Brightwells left peg

Brightwells left peg

A few games in the champions league doesn't make up for a whole season of zero competition.

9. LittleEgg

LittleEgg

Brewery depot manager.
    There has to come a time where you get your chance, or whats the point of an extravagant youth setup in the first place? He's literally loved by the celtic fans that should tell you something, and rodgers has compared him to coutinho and sterling for ability.

Just bring him back as 2nd to sterling for a season...if by january he's shown nothing then loan him out again in january. Pretty sure pep will be sniffing about him.

10. Jackson-ctid

Jackson-ctid

But you're being incredibly disrespectful to Celtic by suggesting that he should be playing in the Championship before there. Becuase the Championship is a horrible league to try and bring on the development of a player like Roberts where 99% of the football played is either fast counter-attack or big, ogre-like strikers bundling the ball into the back of the net. Harry Kane looked mince playing at that level and look at him now.

If he is to develop further (not with us) then it has to be at a top club who hold possession and look to unlock defences that park the bus or would you rather he was in a relegation scrap this season with Brighton, Watford, Bournemouth or something? Playing absolute garbage football, learning nothing that is going to benefit him with the way Pep needs him to play.

When Denayer was at Celtic; he was considered the better half of a partnership with VVD so we took him back and farmed him out to the likes of Sunderland and Galatasaray. Now one of them is a £40m player and the other one just got relegated under the managerial bastion of creative, attacking football that is David Moyes.

Wake up ffs; Brendan Rodgers is an excellent manager with a track-record for developing talent; his teams play a modern, attacking brand of football, they like to keep possession, they'll be playing in the Champions League and every team they come up against will look to park the bus.

Not to mention that we looked like world beaters this season until we played Celtic who knew exactly what to do to counter our threat and then we largely looked rubbish since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.