Patrick Roberts (on loan at Celtic)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Churchlawtonblue, 8 Jan 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brightwells left peg

Brightwells left peg

I'm not disrespecting Celtic. I'm disrespecting their week in week out opposition.

2. Cobra

Cobra

Bournemouth are currently in the top 10 and are the 7th highest scorers in the league (even above Utd), I'm not sure how that equates to being in a relegation scrap and playing garbage football.

3. Jackson-ctid

Jackson-ctid

I'll admit that Bournemouth are not the best example because they do actually play some decent football and don't come to the big teams with the aim of scraping a draw but at the same time, no team goes to Bournemouth and tries to park the bus against them. They're not patiently trying to break teams down, they score plenty and they concede a bit more.

4. peace frog

peace frog

doorman of perception
    goodness me young man x2

5. caseball

caseball

In his year and a half in Scotland, from what I've seen, he regularly scores from outside the box. Only de Bruyne does the same sort of thing for us. You've got to give the kid a go because that sort of goal goes through, over, round packed defences.

6. Father Paul

Father Paul

Man of the match performance, two great goals heaps of praise from BR but is it enough?
    Realistically how much football will he get with us next year and whose place in the squad would he take?
    If Navas, Delph and Nolito leave and he impresses in preseason he might get a spot. However, as has been suggested here will
    he get the game time he needs to continue his development? Bournemouth has been mentioned above and tbh that would not be a bad place
    for him to end up on loan. It is then up to him to nail down a regular place and show what he can do at the highest level. There are not that many
    players who have his knack of scoring goals out of nothing from outside the box and if he continues to improve his all round game he could turn out to be a gem.

7. Tevez City

Tevez City

8. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Ok. The opposition in Scotland is not all that. However any player that can score those type of goals on a consistent basis is special. Can't see any reason why he wouldn't be part of the first team squad next season, starting in appropriate games and giving Stirling a rest in others. If he continues to show this type of form at City he will give Raheem some real competition.

9. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Celtic have offered £6.8m rising to £8m with a 25% sell-on clause for on-loan Manchester City winger Patrick Roberts. [@Pmacgiollabhain]

10. RandomJ

RandomJ

Hahahahahahaha. We paid £12 million for him but they think we'll sell him for that?! Silly twats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.