Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want him playing against a capable opposition each week, not just for 5 games.

I'd prefer him in our squad this season rather than out on loan but it isn't happening. He wasn't given a chance pre-season no matter what anyone here says. Pep obviously doesn't want him. Better to sell him on at the end of next season.

I'd prefer him in our squad this season rather than out on loan but it isn't happening. He wasn't given a chance pre-season no matter what anyone here says. Pep obviously doesn't want him. Better to sell him on at the end of next season.
Wasn't given a chance because he didn't earn one.

That's the problem, he goes back to Celtic and does what he did last season. Is he all of a sudden going to want to move outside of Scotland? Or is he going to dig his heels in until we sell him to Celtic for peanuts

Wasn't given a chance because he didn't earn one.

That's the problem, he goes back to Celtic and does what he did last season. Is he all of a sudden going to want to move outside of Scotland? Or is he going to dig his heels in until we sell him to Celtic for peanuts

Earn a chance to play in friendly games ?

Surely he would play in the friendly games in order to try & earn a chance to play in the real ones ?

So many knee-jerk reactions to this loan deal, with nobody knowing what anyones thinking.

I can absolutely understand why Patrick went back to Celtic, he's only 20, he'll be playing football regularly with players he likes and linked up with well, he has a good relationship with the manager, and the fans love him more than they really should for a loanee (it's almost stalkerish).

He could be thinking, why go on loan to another foreign club, what if he doesn't mesh with the players (doesn't know the language), or the manager, what if he doesn't get to play the way he wants, and what if he detests it and football at only 20 years of age. Everyone is thinking about Patrick's future at City, but Patrick is thinking about his football future in general (possibly isn't at city), in that sense, another year at Celtic is sensible and I might be tempted to do the same.

So many knee-jerk reactions to this loan deal, with nobody knowing what anyones thinking.

I can absolutely understand why Patrick went back to Celtic, he's only 20, he'll be playing football regularly with players he likes and linked up with well, he has a good relationship with the manager, and the fans love him more than they really should for a loanee (it's almost stalkerish).

He could be thinking, why go on loan to another foreign club, what if he doesn't mesh with the players (doesn't know the language), or the manager, what if he doesn't get to play the way he wants, and what if he detests it and football at only 20 years of age. Everyone is thinking about Patrick's future at City, but Patrick is thinking about his football future in general (possibly isn't at city), in that sense, another year at Celtic is sensible and I might be tempted to do the same.

Thank God we've now got him back at Celtic, many are disappointed up here we didn't get him on a permanent deal. That said, I think City will benefit from this loan deal also, Roberts will get to play in Europe with us, and will feature every week in the domestic scene here (provided he's not injured), this in turn should see he value of the player increase when he returns to City next season.

Roberts is a very direct player. He will run at players, take them on, open up defences, often from the half-way line. That doesn't seem to fit with the endless passing, possession-based, everyone involved game that Guardiola seems to have as Plan A. The fact that in the process he might be dispossessed is the kind of thing that baits Pep's ire! From what I've seen of Celtic it isn't a half-way house into a Pep team.

Story out that Celtic wanted to buy him for £8 million but City decided to loan him ??

Not sure if any truth in it - just passing it on .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.