Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep has said in the press conference that some players that went on loan could possibly stay at City. Roberts had a great season at Celtic, played well against City in the CL, if he impresses now during pre season I think he could stay at City. Would be a great option even if sign Sanchez, 6 players for the front 3 positions with 5 of them playing most of the games and Roberts playing less but still making an impact. If we win a few trophies and he plays 15-20 games I think it could possibly be more beneficial then a loan to Southampton for example.

Ease him in & see what he's got.

If he can't make an impression which means he is likely to have a future at City, & can only be a bit part player, sell him & bring through the next kid.

If he's good enough to start, play him regularly. Even if it upsets a 'star'.

Ease him in & see what he's got.

If he can't make an impression which means he is likely to have a future at City, & can only be a bit part player, sell him & bring through the next kid.

If he's good enough to start, play him regularly. Even if it upsets a 'star'.

I really think he can make it, if Pep thinks so too I don't see why he won't give him a chance. Yea he played in Scotland but he performed against the big clubs as well and is still very very young. He absolutely destroyed some Barca players last pre season.

Like you said ease him, if he can score against City in the CL then he can make something happen against West brom in the league.

Plus keeping him sends a message to all the other young loan players. Do well and if you've got the quality you'll get your chance at City.

I really think he can make it, if Pep thinks so too I don't see why he won't give him a chance. Yea he played in Scotland but he performed against the big clubs as well and is still very very young. He absolutely destroyed some Barca players last pre season.

Like you said ease him, if he can score against City in the CL then he can make something happen against West brom in the league.

Plus keeping him sends a message to all the other young loan players. Do well and if you've got the quality you'll get your chance at City.

He has something different & he also has a finish & a shot from distance.

Whether he can do that in the Prem, I have no idea. But if he can, we have a big player.

If he can't, we lose nothing by finding out. Just pick our moments to bring him on.

Whether he can do that in the Prem, I have no idea. But if he can, we have a big player.

If he can't, we lose nothing by finding out. Just pick our moments to bring him on.

His finishing is all the more why he should be given a chance considering Pep always talks about the lack of goals.

To not mention his passing is also at a very high level. Don't know if his defense is up there but I'm sure he can learn and improve.

We have nothing to lose, hopefully Pep gives him a chance !

His finishing is all the more why he should be given a chance considering Pep always talks about the lack of goals.

To not mention his passing is also at a very high level. Don't know if his defense is up there but I'm sure he can learn and improve.

We have nothing to lose, hopefully Pep gives him a chance !
Problem being we need a left back think he may be used as an enabler in a move for Bertrand

Looks like he'll be the last to go out if he does. I suspect his future and the Sanhcez transfer are closely linked.

Problem being we need a left back think he may be used as an enabler in a move for Bertrand

Maybe. Although Danilo could be seen as a back up for Mendy as well. Not sure what Pep is thinking but I would prefer to have all 4 Bertrand, Danilo, Walker and Mendy. We'll see. But anyway how much can a Roberts loan move there knock off the Bertrand price, I imagine it's not much.

Looks like he'll be the last to go out if he does. I suspect his future and the Sanhcez transfer are closely linked.

This is the problem. I would like nothing more than to see Roberts shine for us. But if it's between him and Sanchez. It's like choosing between a Ferrari and a Honda. We know what everybody here wants (And Pep). If the priority is to win trophies that is.

But certainly interesting to see what the plan is if we don't get Sanchez.

How does picking our moments help develop a player, loan him again, but this time to a Brighton type team where he'll get some real experience and some proper game time as opposed to waiting on us to pick a moment like we've just done to kelechi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.