Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally no point paying any interest to the EDS going forward. Unless you want to just want to see if we get market rate when we flog them.

Think the only route into the first team for any youngster is to get sold and then bought back for triple what we sold him for.

So it's ok for the club to promise him the world to tempt him to sign for us then immediately go back on that & do what they said they wouldn't? Isn't that what we all complain about when UEFA try it with us?
We did the same to Denayer. And then hung him out to dry at Sunderland. How's he going to impress in their backline. A prime Kompany would look like Anton Ferdinand.

If we sell him i give up all hope on this club taking a chance on youth.

Except we already are taking a chance on youth. (Raz, Sane, Jesus...even Garcia)

Maybe we think he's not going to cut it before his contract runs down enough to be less valuable, and some of our signings are always meant to have a plan B that will either recoup what we have lost or lead to a profit. We have Sancho, Diaz and Foden coming through, to the first team, so who would you rather see get a chance while we already have so many wide attacking?

We can sell higher now rather than later.

We will surely sell with a buy back clause as we have with Unal as well.

Writing was on the wall once we signed Silva and also desperate to get Sanchez. Shame cos I think he has the ability to make it in the prem and I think in a few years time we will see him at a prem club tearing it up.

He's worth more than Celtic can afford and it's pointless us selling him to them even if we were willing. A loan to a premier league team is next on his development list. See how he does in this league and then make an assessment on him next season.

5M no chance, but why do people think we had 37 on loan last season? It's cash in the bank, we are now spending big, so it's time to cash in. I don't particularly like it but we didn't invent ffp and this is a way around it.

Last edited:
would be ridiculous if we sold him. maybe with a buy back clause, it would be a bit better. hes done everything to show he has the potential, hes been brilliant on loan and hes still only 20 ?. part of me thinks we are just buying young players just to sell them now. I know hes not an academy player, but I'm losing faith in any of our young players being given a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.