Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern is that two centre forwards might not be enough, as an injury to Aguero or Jesus would leave us in a bit of trouble. I guess Sterling could play centrally at a push, or we could play with no out and out forward, but I wonder if we were too hasty in letting Iheanacho leave?

Said this about few days ago but like everyone else I thought we had someone lined up, but it appears not

Roberts is 20. He won't get a game at City. If he plays for us and does well in the CL then better clubs than Fukham will look at him. I'm biased obviously but the bottom line for you is you can go buy anybody and that spells nowhere to go for young players coming through.

How many players have come from your own ranks in the last five years? If it's a low number, then that tells you all you have to know if you're a young player at City.

I want to buy him and I think £10m would be fair. City could add in a sell in or buy back clause. I would take him on loan again but would prefer a permanent deal and think this is why it's taking so long for a decision.

It's driving us all collectively nuts. We are scared we don't get him, rangers fans are scared we do.

Roberts is 20. He won't get a game at City. If he plays for us and does well in the CL then better clubs than Fukham will look at him. I'm biased obviously but the bottom line for you is you can go buy anybody and that spells nowhere to go for young players coming through.

How many players have come from your own ranks in the last five years? If it's a low number, then that tells you all you have to know if you're a young player at City.

I want to buy him and I think £10m would be fair. City could add in a sell in or buy back clause. I would take him on loan again but would prefer a permanent deal and think this is why it's taking so long for a decision.

It's driving us all collectively nuts. We are scared we don't get him, rangers fans are scared we do.

City want to develop him. Sending him back to the SPL isn't developing him. There will be teams in the prem will take him on loan, or even buy him. I can't see any benefit to the lads development to go back up to Scotland tbh, short of playing a handful of competitive games. He'd be better at Bournemouth, Brighton, Newcastle etc.

City will never be able to gauge how good he really is, with him looking like a world-beater as you record countless 5-0 wins against pub teams most weekends. Therefore, in my opinion, we should not be sending him on loan to you again. A sale is a different matter, if we have already decided he wont make it with us.

City want to develop him. Sending him back to the SPL isn't developing him. There will be teams in the prem will take him on loan, or even buy him. I can't see any benefit to the lads development to go back up to Scotland tbh, short of playing a handful of competitive games. He'd be better at Bournemouth, Brighton, Newcastle etc.
Exactly.
He needs to develop not have his ego stroked by 60,000 Scots every other week.

Let's say he was a Celtic player, as in he'd gone from Fulham to Celtic, performed as he has done the past 18 months and now City were trying to buy him from Celtic, what would be a fair price for City to pay?

I think Diaz, Foden and maybe Sancho will get chances in City's first team this season.

Let's say he was a Celtic player, as in he'd gone from Fulham to Celtic, performed as he has done the past 18 months and now City were trying to buy him from Celtic, what would be a fair price for City to pay?

If he was surplus to requirements as he id with you then £10m with a sell on clause.

As everybody keeps saying, they could shine up here so you can't have it both ways.

If he was surplus to requirements as he id with you then £10m with a sell on clause.

As everybody keeps saying, they could shine up here so you can't have it both ways.

In the short term he may be surplus to requirements but perhaps not in the long term.

If the situations were reversed Celtic would be demanding at least double that.

In the short term he may be surplus to requirements but perhaps not in the long term.

If the situations were reversed Celtic would be demanding at least double that.

Yes, maybe, but we do t think anyone could be great up here. If you are denigrating his achievements because he is playing fuck all then you can't expect a large fee for doing something a Stoke player or indeed someone from the fabulous pub teams you have down there.

If you use a measure to judge him then you can't change it when you want to sell him.

That's illogical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.