Patrick Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the short term he may be surplus to requirements but perhaps not in the long term.

If the situations were reversed Celtic would be demanding at least double that.
He wouldn't be surplus to requirements if he'd gone straight to Celtic & performed as he has done there over the last couple of years. We should be asking for £15-20m IMO.

Yes, maybe, but we do t think anyone could be great up here. If you are denigrating his achievements because he is playing fuck all then you can't expect a large fee for doing something a Stoke player or indeed someone from the fabulous pub teams you have down there.

If you use a measure to judge him then you can't change it when you want to sell him.

That's illogical.

Sorry mate, you've lost me.

Put it like this, if Roberts were to go to say Southampton for a year and tear it up then City could demand more of a fee for his services or they could bring him into the first team set up on a regular basis based on him showing he has what it takes in the PL. Why be hasty and sell for £10m now?

Sorry mate, you've lost me.

Put it like this, if Roberts were to go to say Southampton for a year and tear it up then City could demand more of a fee for his services or they could bring him into the first team set up on a regular basis based on him showing he has what it takes in the PL. Why be hasty and sell for £10m now?

You're right. You hold all the aces. I just hope we get him. The only fly in that ointment re Southampton is Roberts doesn't want to go there. He loved the CL experience and he knows that the real stage.

If I were City I wouldn't let him go at all. That's the truth, but what do I know, I follow a pub team. :)

If we play the 352 then I'd be happy with Sterling playing off Aguero or Jesus, but you're right, seeing Sterling lead the line for any length of time wouldn't be particularly comfortable, but how many other positions do we have that much depth in? If 2 keepers get hurt we're in trouble, 2 full backs and we're in trouble, 2 CB's etc.

A little bit different maybe, because of the injury record of Jesus and Aguero, but a lot of fans would have been unhappy to see Kelechi playing upfront for any long spell last season too.

Silva has experience being a false 9 for Spain, KDB could probably do a job in a pinch. It's a bit of a risk, but probably a manageable one. If Sanchez & Mbappé both go elsewhere, Id definitely rather go into the season with the current squad then quickly buy any forward as a placeholder just in case we have an injury crisis.

It's the lack of goals that concern me. We'll have 4 forwards battling for 3 places. 3 of the 4 are young kids who we would expect to produce goals and assists at a level they have never delivered before. I just think a Sanchez would have been at the right age and guarantee a sufficient number of goals to shoulder that burden

Well Big Mouths Celtic claim Tiernay is worth £17m - so we should quote them that for Roberts.

I'm so confused by this. Wasn't he a month ago training like mad to impress Pep before squad training happened? Do you think they've said you're not good enough you're going on loan, so he said I wanna go back to celtic then?

Slim at the moment, it would seem. I'd like to see Roberts given a chance, but it looks like he's fallen behind Diaz in the pecking order so a move seems likely.

Pep could keep both in reality don't you think? Roberts already having CL experience and didn't have that bad of a pre-season as some made it out to believe should be fine with him. Theres going to be plenty of PT if we don't bring in Sanchez/Mbappe or have a plan C/D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.