Patrick Vieira

'the 16 training pitches are positioned in a way that players making their way through the ranks will progressively play nearer and nearer to the stadium'

Great article,i love the above ....

FantasyIreland said:
'the 16 training pitches are positioned in a way that players making their way through the ranks will progressively play nearer and nearer to the stadium'

Great article,i love the above ....

Is that so that those who don`t make it,will be nearer to the Club Shop selling goods ?

Im pretty sure Pat will eventually replace Pellers.

A good move I reckon

Rascal said:

A good move I reckon

I do think that long term this is the plan but we are of course talking years away, though personally I can't wait for the reign of Jason Wilcox in the post Veira era.

MC ID said:
Rascal said:

A good move I reckon

I do think that long term this is the plan but we are of course talking years away, though personally I can't wait for the reign of Jason Wilcox in the post Veira era.

Interesting that the only team who don't base everything around 4-3-3 is the first team.

Looks like it will, eventually.

Neville Kneville said:
MC ID said:
Rascal said:

A good move I reckon

Interesting that the only team who don't base everything around 4-3-3 is the first team.

Is interesting that and I do remember an interview long ago that alluded to our spanish duo wanting us to adopt a 4-3-3 style eventually. I imagine the fact that the 1st team doesn't play 4-3-3 is that we are clearly stronger in other formations at present and while thats working it would be unwise to change it just for the sake of it, with us trying to comply with ffp and having more obvious flaws last summer I guess they decided it could wait. Though personally I do love seeing two strikers up front, we seem so threatening I want it to continue haha.

Perhaps 4-3-3 is just a really good formation to train up creative players in total football?

MC ID said:
Neville Kneville said:
MC ID said:

Is interesting that and I do remember an interview long ago that alluded to our spanish duo wanting us to adopt a 4-3-3 style eventually. I imagine the fact that the 1st team doesn't play 4-3-3 is that we are clearly stronger in other formations at present and while thats working it would be unwise to change it just for the sake of it, with us trying to comply with ffp and having more obvious flaws last summer I guess they decided it could wait. Though personally I do love seeing two strikers up front, we seem so threatening I want it to continue haha.

Perhaps 4-3-3 is just a really good formation to train up creative players in total football?

That's what they said. That 4-3-3 is a great system to teach players, but the fact that Txiki, Barca, Vieira all seem to be so keen on it but Pellegrini NEVER plays it with City & is known as a 4-2-2-2 man, I do find a bit odd.

I mean, formations are all a bit bollox really when you have players like Silva Nasri & indeed Yaya, drifting around but as you say, we certainly have two orthodox players up front in many games, & that is quite a bit different to the academy method.

The position now played by Devante Cole for instance, wide in a '3' doesn't really exist with the first team & it seems to me that playing wide in a midfield 4 or as one of a front 2, would be a very different job if he suddenly found himself in the first team.

You could argue that Pellegrini is happy to play 4-3-3 but he perhaps doesn't believe he has the right men to do it?

You could theoretically do something like a:

Jovetic--Negredo--Aguero

But then where do Silva and Nasri play? in centre midfield with Fernan in the centre doing the defending? but then what about Yaya?

CTID101 said:
You could argue that Pellegrini is happy to play 4-3-3 but he perhaps doesn't believe he has the right men to do it?

You could theoretically do something like a:

Jovetic--Negredo--Aguero

But then where do Silva and Nasri play? in centre midfield with Fernan in the centre doing the defending? but then what about Yaya?

We have the players to play 4-3-3, just play one striker, then one or both of Silva/Nasri in the '3' with for instance Yaya Fernandinho & Milner (or Garcia or Nasri, depending on the opposition) behind, but Pellegrini's favoured system is 4-2-2-2.

Or Aguero could play left of the front '3' like he did often for Atletico.

We would arguably have a much more balanced team setting up 4-3-3, but it's not traditionally the way Pellegrini plays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.